DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
So the question still remains whether the software will recognize the changed gimbal. I assume we'll find out soon enough...

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
So would that mean that if one wanted the possibility to swap, it would make more sense to buy the M2Pro out of the gate then buy the zoom camera/gimbal, rather than the other way around?

It depends on what the buyers mission is. Some people will want to have both, if interchangeability is possible.

Myself I would get more use out of a zoom as the live view is what I’m after more than being serious about taking videos . I like watching wild animals and following game trails from the air . Guess that’s why they made two models .

That’s cool.

A Flir option would be remarkable.
I’m sure that it will be available on the Enterprise Edition for specific surveillance observations or search and rescue. Will that camera be available to the public?
It would be nice to know if it is a FLIR from DJI that just swap’s out.:)

Ok, here is a question for you photography experts. Would it make sense for a photographer to take both gimbals out to a shoot, and bring only 1 Mavic, or would you just mount one on before the shoot knowing what your target is going to be? The gimbal might not be too complicated to change it out in the field once you have done it several times.

Ok, here is a question for you photography experts. Would it make sense for a photographer to take both gimbals out to a shoot, and bring only 1 Mavic, or would you just mount one on before the shoot knowing what your target is going to be? The gimbal might not be too complicated to change it out in the field once you have done it several times.
Im not an expert but usually when I go on a shoot and I know what my subject is I make sure I have the proper card, lens, power supplies , tripod, cables, set up in a case with a best guess lens on the main camera and a back up camera just in case. Can the gimbal be changed in the field easily? Id always have the Hasselblad mounted first

Reactions: Joola
I'm in agreement with @Blaksony. Most of the time when I'm shooting I'm trying to capture particular shadows or colors and any downtime, even just 5 minutes, can be the difference between getting the shot and missing it. I'd never rely on swapping these gimbals in the field for my purposes and would either have two separate drones or fly my inspire where I can swap lenses.

It depends on what the buyers mission is. Some people will want to have both, if interchangeability is possible.

Are you imagining an aftermarket modification to the drone which actually allows swap in gimbals? Because I am. Even if the basic gimbal assembly means you need to screw/unscrew to change them, it seems like the actual important connection (as far as making the drone work) is simply a cable + software. I think it's very solvable to make this super simply interchangeable.

I wonder, why would someone change his Pro gimbal with a Zoom one?

For zoom capability?

Of course the opposite (going from zoom to pro) would be an upgrade, but the cost of the gimpal as a part, will be significantly high, maybe someone could buy a refurbished drone (when available) with a little above gimbal price.

Reactions: Former Member
As someone stated earlier, for a couple of hundred buy the second stand alone Mavic Zoom. Between the 2 units you have common controller and batteries so there won't be any additional cost. Then no swapping hassles and warrantee issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying