DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Economic Kids Drone

Colgilbo

Reactions
Hello from AU,
New Mavic Air pilot and loving the experience. Found lots of really good info on here and am in appreciation of the education.

Every time my 10yo & I go fly in our rural type setting, he asks for the controls. Does anyone know of a low budget ($100-$200) user friendly / easy to fly drone that he can have a go and if he busts it up it won’t be devistating?
Thanks

Hi Colgilbo, welcome to the forum;)

There’s loads of drones that you can pick from, the choice is yours;) but have a look at this Tello - DJI Mobile Online Store (United States) if you do a search you should be able to get it cheaper.

No doubt other members will also help you out with a nice beginners drone for your ankle biter.;)

EnjoyThumbswayup

Sorry didn’t know what part of the world your from so I just guessed..;)

Tello would likely be quickly limiting.

A used old Phantom could be cool. Lots of parts for those too if he manages to break something (they're sturdy).

Reactions: Colgilbo
Tello would likely be quickly limiting.

Why? Quite a robust little thing in my eyes, the phantoms are very fragile so you would be repairing it all the time. The tello will take more of a beating, surely?

Hi Colgilbo, welcome to the forum;)

There’s loads of drones that you can pick from, the choice is yours;) but have a look at this Tello - DJI Mobile Online Store (United States) if you do a search you should be able to get it cheaper.

No doubt other members will also help you out with a nice beginners drone for your ankle biter.;)

EnjoyThumbswayup

Sorry didn’t know what part of the world your from so I just guessed..;)
Aussie mate

Reactions: Porky
The Tello is controlled with a mobile phone and barely goes 50m away from you, with a lot of lag... if you just want an indoor thing that doesn't do much or want to program it then yeah, but you're not "flying" it.

Remember it does have the option for a controller that connects to your phone, yep your right I’m not flying it but was recommending it as a 1st time drone for a beginner;)

I personally think a phantom is to big for a beginner, needs to be a little smaller and more robust.

Take a good look at the DJI Spark. Very capable little machine. I have the Mavic Air. About double the price of the Spark. Kind of depends upon the availability of cash in your back pocket.

Te problem with cheaper drones is they are harder to control. My first Drone was a Sky Viper. Took me a while to get the hang of it. My wife thought it looked fun. First time she tried it she gave too much throttle and panicked. Never saw it again.

Second drone was a Parrot AR.Drone. Tablet controls, limited range to about 100 feet and not very responsive to controls.

Third Drone DJI Phantom 3 Standard. I was hooked and now three DJI drones later....

My wife loves the Phantom 3 Standard. It is easy for her to control and if she takes her hands off the controls the drone just hovers.

Take a good look at the DJI Spark. Very capable little machine. I have the Mavic Air. About double the price of the Spark. Kind of depends upon the availability of cash in your back pocket.

That’s not a bad choice;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21