DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ECS error on new Mavic Pro

MacGyver 1907

Reactions
I recently got a Mavic Pro and out of the box I was having an ECS error message appear, after restarting multiple times it did eventually Go and I could fly it. The following day, same problem (again it disappears after about the 4-5 restart, and have not had a problem flying it) I've noticed that when turning on, one of the rotors does not turn or engage when the other 3 do and today I discovered if I start the drone without the propeller attached it starts up fine, I can attach the propeller once the drone had started and I don't get the error. My question is, will this still be safe to fly? That propeller isn't just going to stop suddenly one day and my drone is just going to fall out of the sky will it? Any help is appreciated.

Based on symptoms expressed, I would not fly it, except in an open, grassy area no higher than comfortable for a crash.

Motor or driver is limping along and likely to completely fail.

It's like flying with a bad battery or cracked prop.

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
ESCs aren’t somethig to fool around with. That indication should be taken seriously. I had an inflight failure with a larger drone once. Yes if they fail, it will fall like a rock. It wasn’t pretty. I believe those are integrated on the main board on the Mavic, but
It might not be that expensive to replace. What does @Thunderdrones say about the cost of replacing, since you didn’t indicate whether it was new or not. If new, I’d def send that puppy back.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty