DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Edit on mount issue. Aerial west seems like a genuine guy. I will just have to be patient and wait I guess

Craig Notts

Reactions
Maybe my mount will turn up at some stage. During these crazy times just got to be patient I suppose.

Last edited:
You and this guy too.

Reactions: Craig Notts
Yup Looks like I am out $59.00 Also Mine was ordered Saturday and they sent a tracking number from USPS
after pulling up the tracking number it has sat in the post office all week according to the tracking number . Heard nothing but good things now I am wondering myself. Good thing is I used paypal !

I ordered a tablet holder from them last Thursday, on Friday I emailed them asking when they plan on shipping and they said we’ll have a shipment coming on Monday. I said your website says you have them and ready to ship....I want to cancel the order and want a full refund. I got my money back and went with PolarPro.
Something isn’t quiet right at that company.

Hi Craig,
I was in the market for a mount and narrowed it down to mavmount or Polarpro. In the end I could order both from the USA but would have to pay $25 postage. You then run the lottery of whether you get stung for import tax and VAT.
in reality making it more expensive. To be honest my tending was towards PP. I managed to find a PP mount in the U.K. £100 free delivery and it arrived in 2 days. Very happy chap and having spoken to PP they offer full support to the point of they are sending me a spare mounting plate and a smart phone cradle ....free of charge I just had to pay postage $15 as small package.

Go to amazon enter Vlog Tech they have one in stock. Lots of other sites slightly cheaper but not in stock. PM me if you have any questions

Yup Looks like I am out $59.00 Also Mine was ordered Saturday and they sent a tracking number from USPS
after pulling up the tracking number it has sat in the post office all week according to the tracking number . Heard nothing but good things now I am wondering myself. Good thing is I used paypal !
I wish I had used paypal

I ordered a tablet holder from them last Thursday, on Friday I emailed them asking when they plan on shipping and they said we’ll have a shipment coming on Monday. I said your website says you have them and ready to ship....I want to cancel the order and want a full refund. I got my money back and went with PolarPro.
Something isn’t quiet right at that company.
I agree that's why I have started this thread to stop others making the same mistake

Hi Craig,
I was in the market for a mount and narrowed it down to mavmount or Polarpro. In the end I could order both from the USA but would have to pay $25 postage. You then run the lottery of whether you get stung for import tax and VAT.
in reality making it more expensive. To be honest my tending was towards PP. I managed to find a PP mount in the U.K. £100 free delivery and it arrived in 2 days. Very happy chap and having spoken to PP they offer full support to the point of they are sending me a spare mounting plate and a smart phone cradle ....free of charge I just had to pay postage $15 as small package.
Looks like a wise choice

I had a Polar Pro Flight Deck with CrystalSky mount on an older MP1. Tried the Flight Deck on the MA2 with iPad Mini and it works great. Very solid. Skyreat on the MA2 is not solid so I don’t use it.

I feel bad for everybody. I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and got it in four days. I paid through PayPal as well

I feel your pain! I ran into the same problem a couple of times.

I ordered a drone part from an Ebay seller, since they showed that they were in NYC, and I'm in Boston. So I figured, like when I order for B&H, I get things within a day or two. I did get a UPS tracking number and when checked showed they were waiting for the item to arrive.

Here's the way this scam works. You order for NYC or where ever they say they're from, they print a shipping label and send it off to the UPS. You check and it says they're waiting to receive the item. Weeks go by, then eventually the tracking works and your part is on the way.

Why did weeks go by? Because they ordered the item from Asia and uplifted the price! You could have done the same thing and saved some money by ordering it from Aliexpress or any Ebay seller. Having used Aliexpress or any Ebay seller, I know I'm in for a wait, and that sets your expectations properly.

Moral of the story . . . dig as deep as you can to find out where the item you ordered is really coming from!

Last edited:
Thanks Craig for making this thread. This post allows me to have in one place a response to a problem that all small businesses that rely on mail services are having right now due to the global pandemic.

I hope my friends here on Mavic Pilots can understand this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic dilemma has caused delays in shipping beyond my control.

People here on Mavic Pilots were there Dec 14th 2017 when this company started.. just a pro drone pilot who wanted to make his Inspire setup work with the new mavic pro. And you have seen me working hard to supply the best high end adapter I can make, and now ND filters. You can see threads here going back years, and I have always responded as best i can. I am thankful they are almost all good, very happy customers giving great reviews.

With thousands and thousand and thousands or orders going out, and shipping beyond my control once it leaves, I do occasionally have some people upset about the mail system performance. But for every one here and there, there are thousands that got it quickly.

Many people are upset that during this COVID-19 pandemic shipping as it is making shipping slower than normal. You Mark are a special case too your shipping is also international, and if you're watching the news about the pandemic you see that there are many shipping and customs delays going on.

I did email you back, here's the email send last Wednesday. I am assuming you didn't get it, as I didn't hear back. You can see the email arrives close to midnight, and I replied the very next morning at 8:39am. I get a lot of emails but try to respond as best i can with good information.

craig.png

I have also seen some delays in US domestic shipping as well. For those that don't know, I am in California, USA. these are mostly because of missed scans. I think they are skipping these to expedite things, but that is only a guess.

This pandemic delay puts me in a weird position.. I act quickly on my end, make the item, pack and ship the item, drop it off at the post office large drop off area, and they are supposed to scan it. Usually they do.

Here's a picture from last week of the orders going out one day. on any given day, I have 300-500 packages in the mail system on their way to customers. Especially busy now that i have had a few influencers made videos about how well the mount works with the Mavic AIR 2 so sales have futher jumped. Good for orders, but it compounds the issue with the global pandemic right now slowing shipping.

20200518_164129.jpg

I have noticed during the pandemic, because they have limited capacity, a rise in packages arriving later than usual, and it is worse for foreign countries with customs departments that have a bottle neck. I have seen this across the planet now. Some smaller countries have suspended service all together!!

You can search "USPS service delays" to see this is not on Mavmounts end, but something USPS is working through. I will copy some of the below, but here's the gist of it. I have learned that some USPS international packages, normally moved via aircraft, are going by sea. This effects first class and priority the same.

Please follow the link for more information. It is an excellent resource.

U.S. Postal Service Status on International Mail Shipments (5/21/2020)
With the coronavirus COVID-19 emergency continuing to spread around the globe, mail and small parcel operations are impacted worldwide.

Between a shortage of commercial passenger airlines to carry the mail and local authorities and transit/destination postal services shutting down or restricting services, sending international packages with the U.S. Postal Service will almost certainly result in longer transit times than normal.

These service disruptions affect Priority Mail Express International® (PMEI), Priority Mail International® (PMI), First-Class Mail International® (FCMI), First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®), International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®), and M-Bag® items.

For any returned item bearing a customs form, the Postal Service will, upon request, refund postage and fees on mail returned due to the suspension of service.

Unless otherwise noted, service suspensions to a particular country do not affect the delivery of military and diplomatic mail.

USPS Shifting Mail From Air Cargo to Sea Transport (5/16/2020)

On May 15, USPS send 22 containers to Europe, the largest shipment to date. Please read more about this shipment here.

Due to limited air cargo capacity, the U.S. Postal Service is shifting select mail from air transport to sea transport in an effort to move mail from the U.S. to international destinations.

Typical Priority Mail shipments that usually take about 7 to 10 days will now take about 4 to 6 weeks if the service is available to the destination country.

Tracking Note

If a mail item shows on USPS tracking as having left the United States, under normal circumstances, the U.S. Postal Service has no further visibility on that item until a transit country or the destination country provides updated tracking information to its system.

In some cases, it is possible to get more updated tracking by using the destination country’s postal service online tracking tools if the item has entered the country. (List from Wikipedia of National Postal Services)

I feel bad for everybody. I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and got it in four days. I paid through PayPal as well
Thank Jimbo for posting.. it is hard to prove to people that we are shipping every day and parts are arriving if the only people that post are the ones (rightfully) upset their package is delayed. This shows this isn't a 'scam". These delays are happening.

I can only hope that people will understand that this COVID Pandemic has delayed things worldwide. As a small business I am of course hit hard by these things going on, so understanding that while I can ship things quickly, sometimes there's nothing I can do on my end, even if I call USPS, because they tell me the same thing... there are pandemic delays worldwide.

Definitely no regrets It is a brilliant mount and the build and finish is fantastic and locks very securely
Thanks Andy. I have been so busy with orders i havent been on here as often to see reviews, but that is really nice of you to post up. Especially because I am pulling my hair out over here trying to inform customers of these developments.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming