DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Efficient method of updating firmware of multiple smart controllers?

Chivas

Reactions
Greetings all,

I find myself helping to manage a reasonably large fleet of M2 Enterprise with smart controllers. Updating the firmware 1 by 1 is becoming tedious (I have over 20 to do) - does anyone know a way to have the Assistant 2 app download it once for all craft, instead of 20 individual downloads... or any other ideas?

Thanks!!

Buying 20 computers comes to mind. The problem is, I'm guessing, that DJI is exchanging information, with the drone/smart controller, that is unique to the equipment (ID # etc). I only have two M2 's to do, so not much of a hassle.

I checked the manual hoping that there might be a way to download the firmware to a MicroSD card, but to no avail. @bumper is correct, I'm afraid ... you'll have to commandeer as many computers as you are allowed, load Assistant on it, and upgrade each controller individually.

Are all 20 used everyday? Perhaps you can take down four a day and do the upgrade over a week? If all 20 are used everyday, perhaps you can do the upgrade when it is dark out and drones are not allowed to fly anyway.

We are just getting up and running so I don't envisage this to be a problem once I release them into the "wild" so to speak. Thanks for the input - it is as I feared.

Why not clicking the update button on each controller? There is no easier way.
It is recommended by DJI to use Assistant 2:
2020-03-06_22-48-35.jpg

Reactions: ff22
We had this conversation before somewhere.
Many people update with WiFi, without the assistant. Like I always did.
Never had any problem.
And if there is a problem, you can always reset the controller.
Why not just trying it...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xapiccone