DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Epson BT-300 Drone Edition

Yes, thank you for following-up. Yesterday checking on my refund I spoke again with Epson: They remain without a fix and still cannot give any ETA on when/if the BT-300s indeed will work with GO 4 app. And yes, the glasses do function well for other applications. However, I bought the 'Drone Edition' because that's all I wanted them for - just flying. So to me the're useless, an $800.00 brick. I've decided to give-up totally on the BT-300s; I think Epson soon will surrender the DJI 'partnership'; just focus marketing the glasses for other uses. I'm going with Glyphs and Nivida Shield. Closest thing I can figure that will come close to the BT-300s. Won't have full, straight ahead view but will see above and below. Unless just sitting and flying around a small, well known area being totally blinded by goggles isn't an option for me. I fly too many areas where I need to see where I'm walking and around me. Just wish Epson didn't false market the glasses - I'd already have the Glyphs set-up. Spent all that time waiting, having faith in the glasses.

Hello! Does anybody know if 1.5 years later this issue was fixed? I am returning my Goggles RE for a refund and thinking to buy these glasses to fly Mavic 2...

I just checked on Amazon customer questions where one question was if it was compatible with Air. Several replies say it is, having Go 4 app and was able to upgrade the app.

Price dropped to $699.

I'd love to try these before committing to purchasing them.

I've flown at least 10 missions with the BT-300s and the Mavic 2 Pro. No issues that I've noted other than I either completely disable video caching or clear it out before each flight. The Soar App and several other "apps" still don't support the Mavic 2 Pro yet, but the DJI Go 4 app certainly does.

From what I have read, it sounds like the BT-300's need an upgrade to be able to fully handle the video processing involved. I guess it is good reason to go with DJI for now.

If you want 1080P resolution, to cache without worry, etc. then yeah...Epson would do well to increase the horsepower available on the BT-300s. That being said, it's a perfectly usable solution as-is. And it is NOT...in any way, shape, or form the same as using the goggles. They should be considered completely and wholly separate use cases in my opinion. Other than maybe the Vufine with a tablet with HDMI (which I think is sort of crazy in terms of usability), I don't know of anything else that gives you VLOS and a heads up display simultaneously. I guess at the end of the day, all I'm really saying is that the BT-300s are pretty nice just the way they are regardless of underpoweredness (is that a word? LOL), but I don't know if I'd pay full price for them. If you can find a deal on a nice used pair, then I'd hop on 'em. That's what I did and I have no regrets.

Yes, I love the idea. For the price, I guess I would have to have used them. I did just get a used (2 flight) DJI RE goggle on Ebay for $400. So until I find a deal on the 300 I guess this is what I will use. I guess my main concern is the smallness of the "sunglasses". Might be better if the sunglasses were larger. How do you find the distraction from that?

I just received the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses as so for they are really cool.. I do mono vision with contact and was worried that I would not be able to see the display clearly. I have the both DJI goggles and have hard time using because the display is not clear. Will be selling both soon. But for the BT-300 glasses they are really built solid and I cannot get over how clear they are. They work just like you cell phone. When you have then on you can see this big display but then see right through to everything else around you. I have not get flown my Mavic 2 but from what I see its going to be great. The cost of $699 is kind of steep but it only money.......

I just received the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses as so for they are really cool.. I do mono vision with contact and was worried that I would not be able to see the display clearly. I have the both DJI goggles and have hard time using because the display is not clear. Will be selling both soon. But for the BT-300 glasses they are really built solid and I cannot get over how clear they are. They work just like you cell phone. When you have then on you can see this big display but then see right through to everything else around you. I have not get flown my Mavic 2 but from what I see its going to be great. The cost of $699 is kind of steep but it only money.......

Try 1.5 Reading Glasses with your Dji Goggles, I did just that and the difference is amazing. You can get them from any dollar store..

Try 1.5 Reading Glasses with your Dji Goggles, I did just that and the difference is amazing. You can get them from any dollar store..
Funny, I have reading glasses that I tried with my DJI Racing Goggles. I do mono vision so one eye is for distance and the other is for close up, been doing this for almost 20 years. Will have to try. I actually bought two different magnifications and swapped the lens. Haven't flown yet tried to sign into my DJI account last night and said either login or password was not correct. Think I might had locked myself out. The font in the DJI Go login screen was real small had a hard time reading. Should had pulled out the reading glasses.....

Glad I could be of help and think it's a good decision on your part, $800.00 is not a small sum. Be assured I am just as disappointed :(. For the 2 days the glasses worked - THEY WORKED - no latency, very clear, crisp image, fantastic. Each morning I get up to check if the GO app is functional on the glasses. The really odd thing is that as soon as the glasses boot-up user STILL gets prompted to update them, if they haven't already! And this is the drone edition - that by now everyone, Epson included, knows updating will render the glasses useless to fly with!?! Today I'm sending in all the info into Epson is requiring to get refund/replacement started. I may consider accepting new pair with original firmware. But I remain concerned of what future updates on either side might entail. Just like the 3 Android tablets I have but can't use to fly because the GO app isn't compatible with their version of Android. I am not a fan of IOS and, till recently never owned any Apple device besides iPod mini. A few months back, when the GO app started being incompatible with certain versions of Android, again, I got an iPad Mini 4 just for flying. Haven't had a single issue while using that device. I hate having to say that. Anyway, I'll update this thread as/if I receive more info. Any advice, other experiences, suggestions will be appreciated.

Funny, I have reading glasses that I tried with my DJI Racing Goggles. I do mono vision so one eye is for distance and the other is for close up, been doing this for almost 20 years. Will have to try. I actually bought two different magnifications and swapped the lens. Haven't flown yet tried to sign into my DJI account last night and said either login or password was not correct. Think I might had locked myself out. The font in the DJI Go login screen was real small had a hard time reading. Should had pulled out the reading glasses.....
I made a set for mine (3D printed). Had to use 3.0 lenses. My prescription is 2.0 to 2.5 variable. Someone sells these @$50.00/pair. Not sure they mix lenses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock