DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Even with the inserts, I was also getting a slight bit of double on the right side edge. I noticed that it went away when I pushed the Moverio's slightly to the right. I ended up bending the nose piece a little, which resolved the issue for me.
Yeah to be honest I have a bit of a broken nose so I just move a bit to the side and got perfect image. :)

all heads and noses are different

Reactions: mikesher
Has anyone (Moverio users) tried to load the newest DJI Go 4 APK? It loads fine, but asked for some type of verification which I expected. That is where you need to be connected to the internet to verify your account, etc. Even with wifi on, internet connected, I keep getting an error when it tries to verify/authenticate account.

Has anyone else had this problem, or been able to load the new version with no problems?

Has anyone (Moverio users) tried to load the newest DJI Go 4 APK? It loads fine, but asked for some type of verification which I expected. That is where you need to be connected to the internet to verify your account, etc. Even with wifi on, internet connected, I keep getting an error when it tries to verify/authenticate account.

Has anyone else had this problem, or been able to load the new version with no problems?

Yes I tried not issue. But the one from the Moverio store also updates to the latests so no need to side load.

Has anyone tried Mirroring360 AirPlay Receiver? I wonder how much lag there is from an Ipad
I tried the Mirroring360 receiver, and installed the corresponding Mirroring360 sender app on my Galaxy Tab. The problem was that only video was mirrored, no audio. I think you have to pay extra for that. The BT-300 has built-in Miracast, so I just grabbed an app called Screen Stream Mirroring for the Tab, turned on the miracast receiver on the BT-300 in display settings, and was able to mirror video and audio. This may be the way I will fly now, since I can run GO4 on the tab and mirror the display to the Moverios. The controls on the Tab are easier to use than the BT-300 controller. The lag is minimal, less than half second. Haven't tried it on ipad, but I just picked one up, so I intend to. Problem is the Mirroring360 sender app for the ipad costs $15, so I'll be looking for another sender app.

Last edited:
Reactions: stratos
I tried the Mirroring360 receiver, and installed the corresponding Mirroring360 sender app on my Galaxy Tab. The problem was that only video was mirrored, no audio. I think you have to pay extra for that. The BT-300 has built-in Miracast, so I just grabbed an app called Screen Stream Mirroring for the Tab, turned on the miracast receiver on the BT-300 in display settings, and was able to mirror video and audio. This may be the way I will fly now, since I can run GO4 on the tab and mirror the display to the Moverios. The controls on the Tab are easier to use than the BT-300 controller. The lag is minimal, less than half second. Haven't tried it on ipad, but I just picked one up, so I intend to. Problem is the Mirroring360 sender app for the ipad costs $15, so I'll be looking for another sender app.
You don't need an app for IOS Airplay connects to Mirroring360.

Reactions: Will.i.am
You don't need an app for IOS Airplay connects to Mirroring360.
I connected AirPlay on my ipad to the Moverio running Mirroring360, but the display on the glasses looks to be 4:3 not 16:9. Is the resolution reduced via AirPlay? I'm an apple noob. Mirroring from my Galaxy Tab S2 onto the Moverios looks perfect.

Last edited:
I sure will, did you already ship it?
It was shipped on the 27th. Your post prompted me to track it, and it has not been scanned into the USPS system. It was left in our residential mailbox for the post person to pick up, and it seems that he/she took it, however, it never made the actual post office . We are re-sending another today. If by chance you get the first package, please let me know as I have applied for a refund of postage paid on it. My sincerest apologies. I will send you the tracking information via PM.

I have a pair arriving Wednesday. One question for anyone who is nearsighted: If I wear these over my mono-prescription lens glasses to be able to focus at a distance, will it blur the close up image of the BT-300? For example, when wearing my glasses in my car for driving, I can see distant traffic clearly, but to see my dashboard clearly I have to look under my glasses or lift them up to view the dash. So if my standard glasses fit inside the BT-300, before the optical display, will the display be blurry? Or is the focal length of the BT-300 adjustable?

Many thanks!

The focal length is not adjustable and neither is the pupillary distance. It uses your distance vision to focus. I use progressive lens and except for a small amount of out of focus in the lower corners it is really clear. My concern is the android device not being powerfull enough for the Go 4 app. I did a update on my Mavic last night with the BT-300's on and moving the camera caused a lot of breakup in the display. I have 2 wifi routers that was withing 15 feet of me so I guess the test will be when I can get out and fly to see how it does

I knew you must have shipped it, 1st class doesn't seem to have as reliable tracking as priority does.
We are usually able to get stock out the door next day. We have only had one other issue with 1st class not tracking, but I think it was due to my wife mistakingly putting shipping tape over the bar code. Again, my apologies. Hopefully you will get the first one that was sent out today, but either way, there is another one shipping as I write this. 2nd tracking number was sent via email.

The Moverio are built to match a symmetrical pupilar Distance of 70mm

Hi,

First post here, as I am a Phantom pilot :)

Resurrecting a old post; this was the only post I could find with a reference to the calibrated interpupilary distance of the BT 300, and as mine is 63mm this is a dealbreaker of sorts if 70 is correct.

I am very surprised if it is, as the mean ipd is around 62/64 mm (female/male) (only ~ 5% of men and ~1 % of women have 70 or above), so I wonder if you measured this or got it directly from Epson?

Maybe someone with a ipd around 65 can tell me if it works without a lot of blurring?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627