DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Error (code:200) Cannot Takeoff. Check if USB is connected

jazzpur

Reactions
Driving me insane. Im on location in St Lucia filming, and midweek my mavic air decides to stop working.
Search feature is providing no answers, only more questions so im spinning in circles.

On my iphone Im getting the errors, "no image transmission signal" "gimbal disconnected" "cannot takeoff, error code:200"

On my backup android tablet im getting "no signal" "cannot takeoff, error code:200"

No crashes, i just went film another clip and it just gave me errors randomly

ive re-updated firmware...nothing
switched cables and ports...nothing
switched devices, including two more iphones, nothing

downloaded the dji assistant 2, and im only able to refresh the drone.
The RC will not connect to the program in order to be refreshed

DJI bugged all of the older versions of assistant software so they are no longer accessible which i'm reading is necessary to connect these controllers with proper drivers

Are there any hard reset options where i cant just reset everything back to factory settings? on both the drone and the RC

what are my options to get this up and running before i leave location???

thank you guys

Not sure about a hard reset, but could you try relinking the controller? Turn the Air on, and press and hold the LED button on the back until you hear one bleep. Then on the controller press the Pause, FN and C button together and hold them until you hear the controller bleep. Maybe it helps.

yeah tried a link yesturday, nothing.

ive been reading this could be related to SD cards, but ive tried 3 different cards.
And when i try to reformat the card within the drone it says "no sd card"
Its also not see any internal storage

wtf

shame i cant get the rc to connect to assistant to refresh the firmware

Reactions: wsteele
That almost sounds like as if the USB & storage connectors came loose from the motherboard or something. Not saying it is, but its really odd that it neither reads the USB cable or SD card as well as the internal memory.
I'd recommend contacting DJI for this as this sounds like a hardware failure. I doubt many people have encountered this.

If you connect the quad to the PC, does it attempt to connect to the PC at all? or does it just sit there like nothing happened? (the light should stop flashing when hooked up) Also, does Windows make an USB connection sound or is it ignored entirely?

Also, not sure if it helps, but can you retry installing DJI Go?

Lastly, does the quad still even respond to the controller? Say, if you boot the Air and controller, and wait for the light to turn green, can you activate the motors if you press both sticks inward and down? (remove the props, just to be safe)

the iphone still sees the gimbal action and has OA sesors showing radar on screen when connect to the RC
but screen is grey with red warning "no image transmission signal"

the drone still connected to assistant and allowed me to refresh

the drone will not allow me to fly as "error code:200, takeoff failed, check if usb is connected"

Sorry I meant taking off without the phone connected. Usually, you should be able to control the quad without DJI Go active. The fact it does show the telemetry data but still claims a disconnect hints toward a faulty DJI Go installation. Have you tried a reinstall?

If that doesn't work, I'd still recommend contacting DJI for this. Perhaps this is in fact hardware related, in which case there is little you can do except for calling in a replacement.

::SOLVED:: very frustrating. required firmware reflash with dji assisant...which i came to find out is nothing but problems for windows 10
so it required using my friends OSx machine to install dji assistant and reflash the RC and drone

Last edited:
I had this Friday, Think it was because I tuned the Mavic on way before got round to turning on the controller. All I did was turn off the Mavic, and turn back on and instant takeoff. Not sure what caused it though exactly. Not happened again since though with 10 flights or so?

Just my 2 cents, but.. you could try and take the drone apart and check internal connections, there is a video on YouTube, JerryRigEverything that has a teardown video.

Reactions: wsteele
Sorry to hear this. As a DJI FAN BOY, I think your bird is dead. Time to contact the Mother Ship. Hopefully they can get you up quickly. Best of luck to you.

::SOLVED:: very frustrating. required firmware reflash with dji assisant...which i came to find out is nothing but problems for windows 10
so it required using my friends OSx machine to install dji assistant and reflash the RC and drone
Hello! I found something like my issue! keep getting error 200 and have reinstalled firmware for mavic pro but remote just keeps failing. how did you go about "reflashing" these? thanks!

Hello! I found something like my issue! keep getting error 200 and have reinstalled firmware for mavic pro but remote just keeps failing. how did you go about "reflashing" these? thanks!
download DJI assistant and reflash the drone and the remote.

i needed a Mac to be successful, none of my PC's would recognize the remote

download DJI assistant and reflash the drone and the remote.

i needed a Mac to be successful, none of my PC's would recognize the remote
Hi @jazzpur I’m having the same problem as you did back in April with the error code 200. Driving me insane. Took note of what you said about reflashing both drone and controller with a Mac. Just wondered whether this solves it long term and you’ve not had any problems since?

Have same problem and my friend too, but internal memory working yet.
not very reliable devices unfortunately.

I just had the error 200 after using the DJI asst to upgrade to 0500, when I connected to the quad using the asst i noticed that the FW version was showing as 500-, this may have been because I had flashed to 0700 then used the cherry picked 0300, once i reflashed it worked fine

Hello,

I am now begging for help. I am currently traveling with my motorcycle for a year and a half in latin america and my Mavic Pro 2 keeps having so many problems...

And now it has exactly the same problem as you described !

"Error 200, please check the usb connection with Airraft. Contact DJI Support if this error persists after restarting"

I have no image on the screen, it's full gray. The sensors seem to be working however. But image nothing and I can't take off because of error 200.

There also is a SD card inside but the drone does not detect it. It says there is no SD card.

I am so desesperate because it takes a lot of space on my motorcycle and traveling with a drone I can't use in such amazing places is a torture. And in these poor countries nobody has a clue about drones and nobody can help me repair it sadly... What can I do guys ? Plz help !

"::SOLVED:: very frustrating. required firmware reflash with dji assisant...which i came to find out is nothing but problems for windows 10
so it required using my friends OSx machine to install dji assistant and reflash the RC and drone"

What do you mean by reflash ? On my DJI assistant I can only downgrade to recent updates, upgrade to the new one or refresh. I've tried all that, but on Windows though.

Because my PC recognizes the remote to be honest. Your windows PC did not react when plugging the remote ?

I want to be sure having a MAC will solve my problem because it will be such a quest to find one where I am...

I finally managed to update my controler with Windows 10 but the problem stays the same unfortunately... Error 200.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121