DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ESC Fail

As an interesting comparison to this incident, where the compass error was close to 90°, leading to the "toilet bowl" effect, this thread describe an incident where the error was nearer 180°, leading instead to a linear uncontrolled flight:

Lost my Phantom 4 Advanced +

I can but will have to wait till I get home which won't be until next Sunday. Stay tuned.......
OK I'm home and looked at the flight records. Found 6 different DAT files for that date and time. When I try to select them to upload, they stay greyed out on the computer. Options?

OK I'm home and looked at the flight records. Found 6 different DAT files for that date and time. When I try to select them to upload, they stay greyed out on the computer. Options?
Usually the DATs are too large to upload straight to this sight so you have to upload them to Dropbox or some similar cloud storage and post a link back here.

They are greyed out because they do not have an allowed extension. You could try changing the extension to .txt but the files may still be too large. If that's the case then you would need to use Dropbox to share them.

Usually the DATs are too large to upload straight to this sight so you have to upload them to Dropbox or some similar cloud storage and post a link back here.

OK. Well I have received word from DJI that they now have the drone and are looking it over. They requested the same files uploaded to the cloud so now they have them. Will let you all know what comes of all this.

Thanks again for the information here and the inputs. Certainly have a better understanding of what went wrong. Just hope DJI agrees that they should fix the drone under warranty. That and give a better warning of what to make certain of with regard to the actual heading versus the indicated compass heading. I can understand how that isn't part of the warning to align the compass software but as we know, it can be a big deal.

So good news...... DJI has looked over the MA, assessed the damage, looked at the flight logs and determined that the damage to the drone will be covered under warranty.

Really appreciate all the info you guys came up with. When I wrote out my statement of what I thought happened, you gotta know I took what you guys thought had occurred and added to the narrative. Think that was what carried it over.

Thanks

Geek

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.