DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Everyone still in love or returning?

I like it, don’t love it... yet. For whaterever reason I was sure this drone had waypoints. It’s a huge letdown to find out that it does not. Quite a few things I’d like to see DJI fix with some FW updates. The cold weather startup shaking is also slightly disconcerning. The camera is a big upgrade on the pro, and the WiFi seems strong.

I read somewhere (DroneDJ I think) that waypoints were on it but got removed in a recent update.
Haven't got one yet, just waiting for a bit of financial input then I'm hitting that confirm order button!

Reactions: PaperCrane
I love it!!! I've noticed some video lag in my neighborhood. It so cold here I really didn't even try to see if there's something I can do to resolve it.

Anyone sending back?
5d8a1c6eaf451e67a248c79bf2f930e7.jpg

I see that you’ve been on the Dragon Tail... I’m thinking about posting up in that area for a few nice motorcycle videos.

Reactions: R1Mavic
My lag was just having it in sport mode and speeding around. I wasn't recording. I am not sure what you're talking about with the calibrated camera and DJI assistant 2. Should I?

I lag as well in Sport! Seems like the camera cant process or keep up at high speeds. It’s perfect in regular.

Reactions: R1Mavic
What was the lag? i haven't experienced anything like that.

Download DJI assistant 2.. and plug it into your PC.. it collaborates the camera sensors for obstacle avoidance and the camera itself. I would do it tbh, and also ensure your IMU is collaborated.
It's critically important that the sensors collaborate and work together. If they start working independently, all bets are off.

Sensor morale is very important. Do you give your sensors pep talks? No? Get with the program!

:D

Reactions: Air Or and Alloy
I see that you’ve been on the Dragon Tail... I’m thinking about posting up in that area for a few nice motorcycle videos.
Yeah, I go once a year. In June this year. Such a great time. Will have the Air in tow this year.

I read somewhere (DroneDJ I think) that waypoints were on it but got removed in a recent update.
Haven't got one yet, just waiting for a bit of financial input then I'm hitting that confirm order button!
IF it was removed probably because its not a good idea with WIFI drone...I’m waiting for Mavic Pro 2 , never buy WIFI again it just sucks...its hit or miss even in the same spot you fly in...Occusync never have a problem...MAVIC air is what SPark was supposed to be...INMHO

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I love this thing, the way it flies and the camera. Not sure why all the negative responses.
Mine got 2800 feet in a urban area that my pro only gets 3500 feet so the Wi-Fi thing is fine, I don't go that far normally anyway.

Reactions: sfessen and philh24
I really love my Mavic Air. I don’t need 2-3 miles of range. That’s insane really and wouldn’t make too much sense with this smaller battery and flight time. I was just able to get 5200 feet out of my Air this morning. I launched from a parking lot and had neighborhoods, power lines, etc. (aka civilization) in my way. The signal got jittery right at 5000 and then I got lag and a disconnect at 5200. MORE than enough range for my needs. The smaller size of the Air versus the Pro is a major plus for me since the drone will be traveling with a DSLR kit.

Reactions: philh24
Static8 - wifi has nothing to do with a waypoint mission. The mission is loaded into the drone and it will fly it with no RC connection (unless you enable a RTH upon communication disconnect). If you are smart and set your last mission near home, your wifi will reconnect. People like to bash the Air but this argument against wifi is simply false. The Air has been out for a few weeks and the argument against wifi has been refuted by dozens of posts and videos by real Air owners. Keep waiting for your model 2 while we fly fly fly.

I love this thing, the way it flies and the camera. Not sure why all the negative responses.
Mine got 2800 feet in a urban area that my pro only gets 3500 feet so the Wi-Fi thing is fine, I don't go that far normally anyway.
Good to know...seems many mixed reviews as usual.

Static8 - wifi has nothing to do with a waypoint mission. The mission is loaded into the drone and it will fly it with no RC connection (unless you enable a RTH upon communication disconnect). If you are smart and set your last mission near home, your wifi will reconnect. People like to bash the Air but this argument against wifi is simply false. The Air has been out for a few weeks and the argument against wifi has been refuted by dozens of posts and videos by real Air owners. Keep waiting for your model 2 while we fly fly fly.
Fly fly , what like i’m Not flying...such...Giving you my honest opinion I have 4 drones, so you really think Mavic Air is better than the Pro..No one can tell me WIFI is better than Occusync ,if its better than regular WIFI drones , then great... I would like to see more review

Fly fly , what like i’m Not flying...such...Giving you my honest opinion I have 4 drones, so you really think Mavic Air is better than the Pro..No one can tell me WIFI is better than Occusync ,if its better than regular WIFI drones , then great... I would like to see more review
I have both yes ocusync is better...but i also do have very reliable link with mavic air also...im actually very surprised that for an "enhanced wifi" drone it goes as far. I can consistently go out to 10, 11 and 12000 ft no problem in a very Urban environment. So im happy and signal at los is perfect.... the people that are getting poor range I'm not sure how their setup is could be a crappy device not communicating with the app correctly could be bad Channel picking on auto, should try custom , could be antenna orientation who knows.... what I do know is I have a lot of experience in rc and flying from heli's to multicopters and I can tell you that this thing has excellent signal for a wifi based drone. Whatever Secret Sauce that DJI put into it is working! I don't have to worry about my signal... with my spark I did

Greetings, I am keeping the Mavic Air. I sold my Mavic Pro and purchased the Mavic Air. My Mavic Pro camera was horrid. I spent over a year trying to work with it. Always overexposed no matter what. The Mavic Air seems to have much better image quality. The range is fantastic if you have a clear and unobstructed view (over water or desert or up on a hill looking down). If you are in the trees, you will be lucky to get 1/2 mile out of it. My version has the shakes in cold weather. I have yet to verify the new firmware fixes it but it only lasts 30 seconds regardless. I am looking forward to getting something other than gray skies and snow. However, I can assure you the image is superior to the Mavic Pro but my Mavic Pro might have had a defective camera? I will never know. It's someone else's problem now.

I'm keeping mine. It has been easily covering the distances I normally fly. I just sold my Spark, and I doubt I'll use my P3A for anything other than teaching friends and family how to pilot one. Heck, even the flight time is only 2 minutes lower. 21 vs 23 min.

My version has the shakes in cold weather. I have yet to verify the new firmware fixes it but it only lasts 30 seconds regardless.

You should be pleased then. I was getting the shakes on mine as well, but this firmware updated solved the problem for me.

I love the Air so much so that I sold my mavic pro. I plan on buying the MP II depending on what upgrades they make to it but the air is a fantastic machine for what I use it for: ultra portable lightweight drone with great image quality to through in my bag and take with me on outdoor adventures

MA - she's a keeper and it's unbelievable the power brick and 4 battery connector fits inside the Fly-More case, along with the Flight Controller and lots of extra room in the side compartment!

Reactions: mtnstream
Like it so far. But it's my first commercial quad, so not much to compare it to. My homebuilt from a couple years ago performed almost as well, but took nonstop work to keep running right. This flew beautifully right out of the box. And I can fit it in a tiny case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H89SA