DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Everyone still in love or returning?

100%. I made a post with similar complaints the other day. As soon as the MP2 is announced this one will be sold. The video lag is too much for me to get decent flying in while shooting video.
If you are into tinkering I suggest a 4hawks antenna trust me I had the same lag while flying in sport mode even sometimes in P mode I do not get this lag anymore .....it is comparable to my Mavic Pro

Reactions: philh24
If you are into tinkering I suggest a 4hawks antenna trust me I had the same lag while flying in sport mode even sometimes in P mode I do not get this lag anymore .....it is comparable to my Mavic Pro

Question...I’m good with my hands, have an understanding of electronics (I installed car stereos professionally for 5 years), and have the necessary tools. The mod doesn’t seem all to hard. Any tips, trips, things to avoid in doing this? Also, there’s been talk of the Titan Switch unit. Is that similar to the 4Hawks? Different? Thanks for your time.

Question...I’m good with my hands, have an understanding of electronics (I installed car stereos professionally for 5 years), and have the necessary tools. The mod doesn’t seem all to hard. Any tips, trips, things to avoid in doing this? Also, there’s been talk of the Titan Switch unit. Is that similar to the 4Hawks? Different? Thanks for your time.
Ok so tips watch the 4hawks spark remote disassembly u skip the part 3:45 to 4:10 (we dont have that internal antenna) at the bottom of the remote when disassembling the bottom do not stick spludger tool near usb specifically to the right. There is a ribbon cable there... its pretty straight forward. Pretty much just follow the video to the T...when installing new antenna cables on inside of remote dont over tighten. It has to be tight just don't go too tight or you will break the plastic on the remote other than that it's pretty easy.... if you do purchase the antenna let me know and if you have any questions while disassembling I can help you out I have talked to James over at Titan antennas and I have seen the switch an action it is a pretty cool antenna just a very pricy set up....the 4hawks is 120$ the engineer is one of the main guys from dbs itelite. This antenna is special on the mavic air I don't know if it is just because it is simply an enhanced Wi-Fi protocol and not the light Bridge or occusync ( sometimes antennas act wonky on proprietary protocols like lb or occusync).... out of every antenna I have ever tried on all of my other DJI drones this has made the biggest difference and Improvement like night and day. Even if you do not do distance the video feed is 10 times better i was out to 8500ft no lag! If that doesn't say something I don't know what will so do I recommend 4Hawks hell yes definitely. It is a major gun for this drone

I love it!!! I've noticed some video lag in my neighborhood. It so cold here I really didn't even try to see if there's something I can do to resolve it.

Anyone sending back?
5d8a1c6eaf451e67a248c79bf2f930e7.jpg

I still prefer the Mavic Pro. But that’s just me.

Reactions: abridge
Ok so tips watch the 4hawks spark remote disassembly u skip the part 3:45 to 4:10 (we dont have that internal antenna) at the bottom of the remote when disassembling the bottom do not stick spludger tool near usb specifically to the right. There is a ribbon cable there... its pretty straight forward. Pretty much just follow the video to the T...when installing new antenna cables on inside of remote dont over tighten. It has to be tight just don't go too tight or you will break the plastic on the remote other than that it's pretty easy.... if you do purchase the antenna let me know and if you have any questions while disassembling I can help you out I have talked to James over at Titan antennas and I have seen the switch an action it is a pretty cool antenna just a very pricy set up....the 4hawks is 120$ the engineer is one of the main guys from dbs itelite. This antenna is special on the mavic air I don't know if it is just because it is simply an enhanced Wi-Fi protocol and not the light Bridge or occusync ( sometimes antennas act wonky on proprietary protocols like lb or occusync).... out of every antenna I have ever tried on all of my other DJI drones this has made the biggest difference and Improvement like night and day. Even if you do not do distance the video feed is 10 times better i was out to 8500ft no lag! If that doesn't say something I don't know what will so do I recommend 4Hawks **** yes definitely. It is a major gun for this drone

I think I’ll give it a shot. Do I want the Raptor SR or XR? I looked at the web pages and really the only thing that is different between the two pages is that the XR operates on 2.4GHz frequency with 9 dBi gain. Can you expand on the differences between the SR and XR? I just want to make sure I get the right one. I do like choosing my own custom channels and have had better luck with the 5.8 band. I’ve used the 2.4 band just to see the difference sometimes but the 5.8 channels are usually cleaner for me.

No i thought that too.but it suppirts 5.8 also. ...ill link u in pm. Basically sr is the one i got (super range) xr is the bigger (extreme range) panel, more powerful but quite big. I guess if you have extra money wouldn't be bad to have this also .....be cool to have fun with it ....but I grabbed the SR because it's not too big and still portable but also has very good strength. U can purchase from maxxuav little more pricey like 20 bucks more then 4hawks site but u get it quicker from maxxuav

I sold the Mavic Pro because I don’t need the distance it can fly.
The spark and the air suit my needs better as they are smaller and don’t seem as menacing to others if they notice it flying even though I try to avoid people at all cost.

Love it!.. I feel like I can throw it around and push it's limits, unlike my I1's.. Im super careful with them, so it feels good to throw this thing in the front seat and bust it out at a moments notice, take it far, far away and not worry about it not returning or loosing signal... perfect pocket drone!..although I never fold it up.

Reactions: MikeMauk
Love it!.. I feel like I can throw it around and push it's limits, unlike my I1's.. Im super careful with them, so it feels good to throw this thing in the front seat and bust it out at a moments notice, take it far, far away and not worry about it not returning or loosing signal... perfect pocket drone!..although I never fold it up.
Yea buddy! I see u got on the range leaderboard! It has great range for the size, portability and battery life it has! This mavic air is something special love it.

Yea buddy! I see u got on the range leaderboard! It has great range for the size, portability and battery life it has! This mavic air is something special love it.
yeah... Im going to try for 7th position in a couple of days.... i have a strategy. Wish me luck!

IF it was removed probably because its not a good idea with WIFI drone...I’m waiting for Mavic Pro 2 , never buy WIFI again it just sucks...its hit or miss even in the same spot you fly in...Occusync never have a problem...MAVIC air is what SPark was supposed to be...INMHO
I never have problems with the mavic connection. Even in dense area packed with wifi here.

IF it was removed probably because its not a good idea with WIFI drone...I’m waiting for Mavic Pro 2 , never buy WIFI again it just sucks...its hit or miss even in the same spot you fly in...Occusync never have a problem...MAVIC air is what SPark was supposed to be...INMHO
Mavic air*

I thought about the antenna mod also but decided against it. It negates one of the things I like most about the MA, how small and easy everything is to cart around. That antenna bracket doesn't come off the controller so now the controller won't fit in either the carry bag that the MA came in, and not in the case I bought for the MA and it's accessories. If I want to fly long distances I will fly the MP or Inspire 2.

I take everything back what I said about WIFI quads. I folded and bought the MA and I am super surprised how great this little bird flies. THe WIFI signal is strong and have no issues in my congested WIFI area. I get 500M with no signal loss. I haven’t tried further yet because this is all I need to fly in my neighborhood park. If I can get 500 m with no degradation in signal, I could only imagine the range will be decent away from humans lol.. Yes I love the MA as it surprised me, even the camera is better than the Mavic Pro, not by much but I can see the difference and i’m a photographer/videographer.

Reactions: MikeMauk
I love it. But I didn't sell my Mavic Pro. They both have the uses but as far as the Air goes it's a lot of fun and the most portable & stable drone around.

I love it. But I didn't sell my Mavic Pro. They both have their use but as far as the Air goes it's a lot of fun and the most portable & stable drone around.
Exactly...I kept my MP as well...you nailed it, they both of their place. I’m taking out the MA more than the pro now because of its size , people don’t even look twice and care. Even though the MAVIC pro is also small, it stil attracts more attention, at least with my experience

I love the Mavic Air. It’s my first drone and it’s been awesome to use. Very easy to fly, the intelligent flight modes work great, and I’m very satisfied with the battery life. I’ve had just a couple of lags in the video feed out of probably 4 hours of flying so I don’t think that’s too bad. I’m going to start experimenting with using the 5.8 band instead of leaving that on auto just to see if that makes a difference.
5.8 for me is the difference maker in whether I kept this drone or not, I get better range in my neighborhood on 5.8 then my neighbors Mavic Pro!

I like it, don’t love it... yet. For whaterever reason I was sure this drone had waypoints. It’s a huge letdown to find out that it does not. Quite a few things I’d like to see DJI fix with some FW updates. The cold weather startup shaking is also slightly disconcerning. The camera is a big upgrade on the pro, and the WiFi seems strong.
Can’t wait to see what happens with this thing through updates

5.8 for me is the difference maker in whether I kept this drone or not, I get better range in my neighborhood on 5.8 then my neighbors Mavic Pro!

I tried 2.4 a few times recently just to make sure I wasn’t missing out on anything and it wasn’t even close to the 5.8 channels. I just never have issues with that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman