DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Everyone still in love or returning?

MAVIC AIr rocks...I am surprised on the WIFI capabilities and I get close to the same range as my MP in moderate wifi zone. I’m sure the MP would fly much further in no wifi zone but I don’t fly more than 1 KM , so I’m set...Deciding if I should sell my Pro...and I thought I would never say that...lol

This is the perfect thread to read while I wait for my mavic air... arriving tomorrow. I'm the type of guy who hates buyers remorse, but can't wait to get this thing up on the air in the Colorado mountains!
You will love it...I was surprised as its not made as solid as the Mavic Pro, More plastic but its resilient, worth every penny. The portability is amazing. I have thin down jacket with inside pocket and it fits perfect , can’t tell I have a fully capable 4K UAV in my jacket...Unfortuantely Canada is trying their best to outlaw drones , I’m still going to fly and illegally until they realize the stupidly of their regulations and laws...enjoy

Reactions: Kenny.j
I really like this video/photo platform. I've owned the Phantom FC40, Phantom 3 Advanced and Mavic Pro. I still own the P3 but I'm ready to let it go due to the aging technology (an oldie but a goodie, indeed). I'm not a mechanical nor electronic engineer. I realize with smaller size comes some compromise. Of course, I want perfect signal, infinite power and unlimited distance. Perhaps one day we will get there.

This is the perfect tool for the job I need to perform. It's not without software/hardware compatibility bugs but it's getting better and better. It is absolutely hands down the most travel-friendly drone on the market and is packaged with the decent technology to capture the images and footage I need to "tell my story". I have not experienced any catastrophic incidents with any DJI products to this date. All "close calls" were operator learning curve and fortunately recoverable.

This is a photographers dream come true...another fantastic tool in the toolbox. You bet I'm keeping an eye out for the "next thing" but this drone is definitely set to remain in my toolbox for a good while longer. It makes me want to travel more than ever before...now if I only had the budget to fulfill that urge, lol.

Reactions: thebigbaddan
So now that I've had a chance to really use my MA a bunch and compare and contrast it to my other DJI drones, I'm more in the "not loving it so much anymore". I wouldn't return it even if I could, but the more I use it, the less I like it. And when I was dismissive of people saying its just a "Spark Pro", I tend to agree now.

While the camera is definitely better than the Spark and marginally better than the Mavic Pro, I think one has to be serious about their AP to make that the biggest reason to buy the MA. I'm not a photographer but enjoy taking pictures and videos with my drone and sharing, its hard for me to tell the difference between pictures/videos I've shot with my MP or MA. I have a 4k computer too..

What I'm not liking about my MA;
  • In Wifi dense areas like the 'burbs where I live, range is very limited. Its hardly better than the Spark. I constantly get the "interference" warning message
  • Video lag is bad. Again this has to do with the dense Wifi environments. Its fine in open areas, but the screen can leg by a second. I don't have this problem with my MP and I'm using the same Ipad Mini 4
  • 50% of the time flying from the exact same place I fly, I'll be asked to calibrate the compass. My MP and Spark has only asked me to do a CC a couple of times and that wasn't even when I travelled with either.
I find the Intelligent modes to be cool "party tricks" and just used them to see what they did and how they worked. The rear facing sensors are nice but I fly LOS and 95% of the time aware of the environment I'm flying in...

So for me, the MA is probably going to be a shelf queen. I'll grab my MP before the MA... Just my .02....
Thanks for a great review, I am trying to decide which would be better for me, I have the PA3 which I love but really want a more compact drone without the hassles of upgrading every time I turn around. I just want a drone I can go fly and take nice video and pictures.

Don't love it, but don't dislike it either. I'm hoping I find a "use" for it. I just think with the drones I have its "redundant". I use my P4 when I go to places that I want a really good image with a drone that handles high winds really well. I use my MP when I take trips on my ADV bike. My Spark is my "go to" take with me anywhere drone when I'm not sure if there will be a photo opportunity or not and when I have to travel by air... Not sure where the MA will fit in just yet..

I will say that the MA is the only DJI I've ever owned that I've lost complete connection to the drone and it initiated RTH. It wasn't even as far as I've taken my Spark (Still within LOS (barely))
So based on you usage of the air would you recommend it over the spark? His will be my first and only drone? Can’t adford or justify more than one (for now). I’m trying to decide which one to buy. Spark or Air? The spark is obviously much cheaper which is always a bonus but I don’t want to buy it and then find myself wishing I’d gone for the air after a few weeks.

So based on you usage of the air would you recommend it over the spark? His will be my first and only drone? Can’t adford or justify more than one (for now). I’m trying to decide which one to buy. Spark or Air? The spark is obviously much cheaper which is always a bonus but I don’t want to buy it and then find myself wishing I’d gone for the air after a few weeks.
This is a no contest- The air- I love it!! Think of a spark on steroids= AIR

I traded my Spark in for the Air. Overall I’m happy I did but with that said the Spark is still an excellent choice. The photos are just as good as the Mavic Air in my opinion. Video is a different story however, the Air trumps the Spark in that category. If the price difference isn’t a huge factor then go with the Air otherwise don’t feel bad picking up a Spark, you’re still getting a great drone with its own unique qualities .

The air has more powerful motors and will do better in high winds, IMHO. Get a Spark and get buyers remorse that you didn't get the Air. Get an Air, and know you spent more money than you should have, but you have a really freaking nice drone. :)

Reactions: zwt100 and Kenny.j
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15