DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Explosion!

What was in the car?

I was just invited to film. I don’t know much about the operation.

I do however feel that it was done rather safely. It was in a quarry and people were kept far away.

My favorite part was the audio, recorded with a GoPro.

Without any distances to measure it's hard to be certain, but I would probably have backed the crowd off further than that.

Just looked at the flight log and mavic was about 1,000 feet away from the crowd which would put the truck slightly closer.

I hid behind a large pile of dirt.

I have no experience with the pyrotechnic/explosion world so I don’t know what a reasonable stand-off distance is.

I did think that perhaps mavic was a little too close, but i really want a mavic 2, so I was ok with the possibility of letting this bird capture one final epic video....I don’t mind taking risks with my property as long as it poses no danger to other people or their property.

Just looked at the flight log and mavic was about 1,000 feet away from the crowd which would put the truck slightly closer.

I hid behind a large pile of dirt.

I have no experience with the pyrotechnic/explosion world so I don’t know what a reasonable stand-off distance is.

I did think that perhaps mavic was a little too close, but i really want a mavic 2, so I was ok with the possibility of letting this bird capture one final epic video....I don’t mind taking risks with my property as long as it poses no danger to other people or their property.

That puts the crowd less than 750 ft from the vehicle. If that was more than 10 lbs of explosive (and I'd guess closer to 20, depending on type) then it's too close for blast overpressure or fragments. I'd have been hiding too. That must have been pretty loud.

That puts the crowd less than 750 ft from the vehicle. If that was more than 10 lbs of explosive (and I'd guess closer to 20, depending on type) then it's too close for blast overpressure or fragments. I'd have been hiding too. That must have been pretty loud.

It was a loud environment. I was already wearing ear protection as one of the guns they were firing at the truck was a .50 cal.

It was pretty cool. I felt like i was on a movie set.

Reactions: sar104
I should have probably incorporated the audio from the cached video on my iOS device.

It’s cool as you can clearly hear the gunshot prior to the explosion, but the reaction from the crowd was not pg rated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002