DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extremely experienced pilot, lost my Mavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get the bird back.

And you're absolutely right, I have 30 years of experience in model airplanes and 6 years in quadcopters but that's not experience, right?

Go complain about the Mavic. That's what you do the best.
you can do something for decades but not learn much,seems you cant handle criticism but what does someone with 30 years exp. expect for making such a dumb mistake,? you act as tho your perfect but your actions show different.im sorry if i hurt your feelings but this is the grown up area.,plenty rag on me but i take it,all and let it roll off.
again sorry,,,,enough?

did your mav crash into water, have u tried everyting to find it, maybe shes out there wanting to come home, if u still need one theres some good deals on here with all or no accesories

Reactions: Bergumbira
did your mav crash into water, have u tried everyting to find it, maybe shes out there wanting to come home, if u still need one theres some good deals on here with all or no accesories
its clearly a run away

this story does not add up.?
( flew my High dollar Drone Far away on a cheep Chinese battery.?)
Is This First Time flying on That Chinese Battery.?
I would think an experince pilot would have flown it few time before Taking off Long Distance
WOW....I'm out of here good luck....cR

Last edited:
this story does not add up.?
( few my High dollar Drone Far away on a cheep Chinese battery.?)
Is This First Time flying on That Chinese Battery.?
I would think an experince pilot would have flown it few time before Taking off Long Distance
WOW....I'm out of here good luck....cR
he is a extremely experienced pilot so im sure he knows better than us seasoned newbies
the chinese battery cost as much as a dji battery so it had to be as good.o_O

Reactions: charliesRig
Last edited:
Reactions: jari2023
Come on guys. Your making him mad now. He said “experienced” not smart.
He asked a simple question. Where can he get the absolute cheapest replacement for his lost aircraft. You know, just like his battery choice.

"OUCH.!"....... I like it But OUCH

its clearly a run away
didnt sound like a runaway at all, sounded like the battery drained faster than normal and prior to that everything was finctioning fine,,not a runaway at all, i am wondering if she ran out of battery over water? is she not findable at all?

didnt sound like a runaway at all, sounded like the battery drained faster than normal and prior to that everything was finctioning fine,,not a runaway at all, i am wondering if she ran out of battery over water? is she not findable at all?
I think you missed the point/joke...

Reactions: JDawg and wytnyt
Maybe a Chinese knock off OP, just make sure the ratings are good. You know, those are never manipulated.

Reactions: noln
Boy I dunno... At 10% battery, if I wasn't on short approach and in full visual of my drone, I'd be looking for ANYWHERE to land it as quick as possible. Any shrub patch. Any open spot. Any roof top, anything but water. Even a messy landing is better than trying for more distance. Airport fixation kills pilots all the time.

Didn't buy the battery, received it as a gift. And I don't need flying tips, I've been flying long enough to take my own decisions.

Drives me crazy when people tell others how to fly and what not to do!! You fly your way and leave me alone, I fly just fine and very good at that!!

I bought my Mavic, and got everything on the charger and the flight battery as it turned out was defective. Right from the factory. Batteries from any maker can be fickle, my friend owns a Mavic and bought 2 clone batteries, has had no problems. Maybe never will, or maybe it’s falling out of the sky as we speak. Nothing is perfect.

Boy I dunno... At 10% battery, if I wasn't on short approach and in full visual of my drone, I'd be looking for ANYWHERE to land it as quick as possible. Any shrub patch. Any open spot. Any roof top, anything but water. Even a messy landing is better than trying for more distance. Airport fixation kills pilots all the time.

Recovered mine 4 times so far. My Mavic is pretty knocked up but still flying. I have been %^*& lucky. Now even the bottom sensors are not functioning but I keep flying. Changed Gimbals twice. Best fun I have had in decades.

...due to a mechanical failure. Now, I won't argue with you, you're too much of an expert for me. You didn't crash your self-flown robot!

First, I want one. Second, I bet he was not using a knock off battery.

Target had a buy one get one free and I ended with one extra mavic pro. I can sell you the body for $600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929