DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extremely experienced pilot, lost my Mavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has Powerextra Mavic Pro batteries 2 for $116 with 4 stars rating, But I don't think I would risk it after what happened but this guy says they are fine. You can skip to the 5 minute mark.

I

I was over a canyon, a 500 meters deep canyon. I tried landing to the closest edge but the battery drained too fast.

It wasn't user error, nor airport fixation.
not monitoring battery discharge IS user error

You might want to read the very 1st post but you probably won't, so -

So I received a 89$ Chinese knock-off battery as a gift and it had great reviews.
he got it as a gift
had great reviews
he used it
he wanted to buy another drone-cheap as possible
and your point is?

Wait, how can you fly 4 km? I usually lose signal after 350-400 meters... wtf.

Didn't buy the battery, received it as a gift. And I don't need flying tips, I've been flying long enough to take my own decisions.
Maybe but you post in public forum and we haven't mandatory mission to compassionate ...

Reactions: QuadBot
My Mavic was a "fly more combo" with 3 genuine batteries. As the charger can hold four I decided to buy one extra Genuine battery from Dji official resealer. As the battery not come with the silver oval sticker I decided to use it only for grounded operations as software updates and other kind of No-fly but powered maintenance.
Which "extremely experienced pilot" can accept non-OEM battery from any source, even from friend gift? (lol) Is like if an Extremely experienced Air Traveller accept to carry an unknown content luggage ...

Last edited:
Reactions: QuadBot
Thanks for the reply, but you missed my answer by a couple seconds. Newegg sells the full kit for 639$ so I'm looking for something cheaper than that.
I think for cheaper Mavic you may ask your friend who provided the killer-gift battery for a matching fake-copy Mavic, then they will go along perfectly :)

Reactions: QuadBot and wytnyt
Come on guys. Your making him mad now. He said “experienced” not smart.
He asked a simple question. Where can he get the absolute cheapest replacement for his lost aircraft. You know, just like his battery choice.
It's good to have a big laugh at the morning thank à lot for this one, it make my day ;)

i just cant help chuckling when i read

Extremely experienced pilot, lost my Mavic
I guess you exaggerate a little ;) I'm sure your chuckling doesn't come from the title but only once you read the post and because of the title ;)
That is my main concern with this post, the appealing/teasing title. When I read it I told myself: ok, Michel you must read here because today you will learn about something important. If an Extremely Experienced pilot lost his Mavic and present it that way it's surely an important matters... And we must learn about it ... Then ... Major disappointment, the guy confess a newbie mistake and ask how to make a bigger one in the same vein... And fight back anyone who dare laughing a bit..

The title must be: lost my Mavic, looking for a replacement.

Then nobody will be sarcastic.

Last edited:
I guess you exaggerate a little ;) I'm sure your chuckling doesn't come from the title but only once you read the post and because of the title ;)
That is my main concern with this post, the appealing/teasing title. When I read it I told myself: ok, Michel you must read here because today you will learn about something important. If an Extremely Experienced pilot lost his Mavic and present it that way it's surely an important matters... And we must learn about it ... Then ... Major disappointment, the guy confess a newbie mistake and ask how to make a bigger one in the same vein... And fight back anyone who dare laughing a bit..

The title must be: lost my Mavic, looking for a replacement.

Then nobody will be sarcastic.

He is only Level 1 Extremely Experienced, I don't get impressed until 'Very Very Extremely Experienced' or as we all know it, 'VVEE".

Hello from an "adequately experienced", data driven MPP pilot: 146 flights, at least half of those flown with two Powerextra Mavic Pro batteries purchased new from Amazon, for a combined savings of $60 vs. DJI.

In response to the various invectives (informed and otherwise) against non-OEM batteries, I'm weighing in to mention:

1) There are reportedly at least two brands of non-OEM Mavic batteries, Powerextra and others. OP was unable to identify the brand of their gifted "Chinese knock-off", and I've come across none that cost $89 (same price as DJI).

2) On Powerextra, there's not a single review linking them to flight failures or crashes in 213 Amazon reviews (90% 3 star and above), nor any I have found on this forum. (And further, Powerextra representatives actively address questions and reviews on Amazon, FWIW.)

3) OP did not mention whether the gifted battery was brand new, nor how many charge cycles it had on it before they started flying with it.

4) All batteries, DJI and other, can be damaged from overheating, dropping, and other mishandling. Hence, best to only purchase verifiably brand new, of any brand.

That said, I'll be the first to post here and on Amazon, should I encounter any misbehavior with my Powerextra batteries.

But surely in the knowledge that it was not a genuine DJI battery, would your experience told you to test fly the battery when you first obtained it.
That may well have shown up it’s failings.
Not really an experienced flyer myself, pretty new to it. But I do evaluate things as a commonsense approach to how I fly.
A lesson for all to learn, do not just accept anything without first checking it out.

perfect example of ''lost my mavic,not my fault'' threads

Reactions: QuadBot and KeithLa
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78