DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extremely experienced pilot, lost my Mavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now's the time, with the Mavic 2 announcement on the horizon. Wal-Mart online is selling a whole MP package for $739. Find out who their dealer is and contact direct, or tell DJI what you did and find out their price.

-Then let us know!

BTW, Sadly, I've heard your story before from others.

Reactions: CamoGreg
To all less experienced drone pilots I would say: one shouldn't create risks but instead do everything possible to avoid them.
Taking it out 4Km is creating a risk, even with a DJI battery. Doing that with a non DJI battery is well, extremely risky. It's your call.

Bump. Anybody can answer my question? I need to find a cheap standalone mavic aircraft asap.

I have 2 choices right now:

-Newegg refurbished Mavic for 639$, with remote and charger (both of which I already have)

-Preowned standalone Mavic for 545$ on amazon

To all less experienced drone pilots I would say: one shouldn't create risks but instead do everything possible to avoid them.
Taking it out 4Km is creating a risk, even with a DJI battery. Doing that with a non DJI battery is well, extremely risky. It's your call.

Going out 4km isn't risky. I frequently do it and always have around 35-50% when I come back to the home point.

I was unlucky and got a faulty battery. The sudden drain could have happened at 1km distance, and I would have lost the Mavic whatsoever.

Reactions: maverickau
Didn't buy the battery, received it as a gift. And I don't need flying tips, I've been flying long enough to take my own decisions.
Bump. Anybody can answer my question? I need to find a cheap standalone mavic aircraft asap.

I have 2 choices right now:

-Newegg refurbished Mavic for 639$, with remote and charger (both of which I already have)

-Preowned standalone Mavic for 545$ on amazon

Asked and answered, plus you yourself posted two cheap options, so it has been answered 4 times.
Are you wanting us to make THIS decision for you? or are you just looking for one a dollar cheaper?
I would go to DJI or Best Buy and get a brand new one. the piece of mind and warranty alone are worth the extra few dollars.

EDIT to add: while typing this you posted you wanted cheap! Good luck!

...Newegg sells the full kit for 639$ so I'm looking for something cheaper than that
You also mentioned it was refurbished. There is nothing wrong with buying refurbished as long as there is a good return policy. The Newegg/DJI return policy is pretty restrictive; if defective, it will only give a refund within 7 days of purchase and a replacement within 15 days of purchase. Considering that some of those days are in shipping you would be advised to thoroughly test it out as soon as you receive it.

Didn't buy the battery, received it as a gift. And I don't need flying tips, I've been flying long enough to take my own decisions.
no offense but if you're as experienced as you claim you would have known not to use a knockoff battery regardless on how it was acquired.
glad you got your bird back,luck was on your side.

no offense but if you're as experienced as you claim you would have known not to use a knockoff battery regardless on how it was acquired.
glad you got your bird back,luck was on your side.

I didn't get the bird back.

And you're absolutely right, I have 30 years of experience in model airplanes and 6 years in quadcopters but that's not experience, right?

Go complain about the Mavic. That's what you do the best.

Reactions: Tony56 and Jonarbel
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato