DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extremely experienced pilot, lost my Mavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can still fly at 0% but i'm sure not for long. At 0% the cell voltage is around 3.36v and drops like crazy

Interesting. That's got to be completely hit and miss. I've seen voltages drop below 3.3 V with the battery percentage well above 0%, so that cannot be relied upon to work.

One rolls on the ground and one flies in the air. One rolls on the ground and one flies in the air. Also, pretty sure car makers don't make their own batteries (except for maybe Tesla). That's about as clear as I can make it for you.. If you want to continue being a strawman I suggest auditioning for the Wizard of Oz - it don't fly here... much like those knockoff batteries. :p

One rolls on the ground and one flies in the air. One rolls on the ground and one flies in the air. Also, pretty sure car makers don't make their own batteries (except for maybe Tesla). That's about as clear as I can make it for you.. If you want to continue being a strawman I suggest auditioning for the Wizard of Oz - it don't fly here... much like those knockoff batteries. :p
dont eat your cornflakes,me thinks someone p p in em.:D

I think the point being made was that car manufacturers always encourage buyers to use OEM everything, including batteries, and that such recommendations are often driven by their commercial interests rather than any technical reason not to use third-party parts. So the recommendation from DJI doesn't, necessarily, say anything about how well a particular third-party battery is going to work.

Reactions: KeithLa
I think the point being made was that car manufacturers always encourage buyers to use OEM everything, including batteries, and that such recommendations are often driven by their commercial interests rather than any technical reason not to use third-party parts. So the recommendation from DJI doesn't, necessarily, say anything about how well a particular third-party battery is going to work.
using aftermarket parts doesn't necessarily mean they're a lower standard,all manufacturers be it cars,drones or whatever practice this policy to further generate revenue.

using aftermarket parts doesn't necessarily mean they're a lower standard,all manufacturers be it cars,drones or whatever practice this policy to further generate revenue.

Agreed. That was my point, and @KeithLa's, I think.

I'm pretty sure DJI sources a lot of components from external suppliers, like every tech manufacturer does. It wouldn't surprise me if even the motors and ESC's are sourced externally, hence the sudden platinum 'upgrade' because of a change of suppliers. And DJI's core business is certainly not manufacturing of batteries. However, it is safe to assume they do determine their own specification and quality, and suppliers are subject to DJI's quality control. Often, by OEMs rejected batches of components are rebranded and sold for a lower price. That happens even with Intel chips and WD and Seagate hard drives. I happen to know, after working 24 years at a top 3 american computer manufacturer.

Apple is a good example of an OEM that uses external suppliers for most of their components but manages to maintain a great quality image, purely by smart specification and quality control. And we all know that DJI has copied Apple's business model and strategy in a lot of ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clinton1
I never thought a Chinese manufacturer would “farm out” to another company. How can it be any cheaper for them? North Korea maybe?

I never thought a Chinese manufacturer would “farm out” to another company. How can it be any cheaper for them? North Korea maybe?
Many smaller component manufacturers in China compete fiercely with each other for contracts with the bigger companies.

There are only about 3 - 5 battery manufacturers in the whole world.Dji is not one of them, so they outsource there specs to one of those companies. A good friend of mine always says - even new born babies dies, sad as it is. So if even a God made being can pass on, what is the chance that a human made object doesnt fail. There will always be something failing in a manufacturing prosess, that is how life is.

Still would like to see the logs. I am not convinced the battery was entirely at fault. I would really like to know if this was a repeated cancel of RTH on low battery or a real battery failure.

Still would like to see the logs
Me too, wondering where he flew.
"It's in a very deep canyon, which I won't name because I'll get insulted on here."

Update: I checked the logs and the max cell deviation is of 0.016 volt which is normal. There were also no error messages during the log, just a sudden battery drain.

I won't name the canyon or share the logs because It's a canyon in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt