DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"FAA altitude warning" message?? New?

I use 1.1.4 and it's there. You are correct, it didn't use to though. If i find out which older fly version is clean of that warning, I'll post it. Can't stand it myself, the warnings have gotten insane.

Reactions: Drgnfli
I use 1.1.4 and it's there. You are correct, it didn't use to though. If i find out which older fly version is clean of that warning, I'll post it. Can't stand it myself, the warnings have gotten insane.
Off topic is your orientation icon bottom center on the hud working with 1.1.4?

Attachments

• 20200630_074948.jpg
    20200630_074948.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
These warnings are one of the reasons I tend not to update anything.
I know on my own what rules to follow and insure that I’m not in the crowd that creates issues for the drone community.

What bothers me is that for us that live in varied terrain, 400AGL can exceed the 120m max altitude setting in the app. I set mine to about 160m, as I often fly up over the ridges in my area, whilst still being compliant for 400AGL, I wish DJI would figure that out. I am still within the regulations, yet the app thinks otherwise.

What bothers me is that for us that live in varied terrain, 400AGL can exceed the 120m max altitude setting in the app. I set mine to about 160m, as I often fly up over the ridges in my area, whilst still being compliant for 400AGL, I wish DJI would figure that out. I am still within the regulations, yet the app thinks otherwise.

It's just an informational message to remind users of the 400 ft AGL limit and point out that they may be exceeding it. It's easily dismissed.

It's just an informational message to remind users of the 400 ft AGL limit and point out that they may be exceeding it. It's easily dismissed.

Glad that doesn’t happen when exceeding 70MPH on my car HUD, that would be distracting. B-)

Oops, sorry all, that was a car analogy.

Glad that doesn’t happen when exceeding 70MPH on my car HUD, that would be distracting. B-)

Oops, sorry all, that was a car analogy.

That's not a bad analogy, but the difference is that everyone driving knows what a speed limit is and mostly know if they are breaking it. The same is clearly not true for many users with drones and height limits.

There lies one of the reasons for the hacking wizards and old firmware.
Absolutely! I'm one of those as well. Btw I download every official apk version just in case but run the oldest one that meets my specs. But I do try versions every so often. Same with firmware.

DJI loves to withhold a basic feature that they know everyone is waiting for, then slip it into a new app/firmware. They do this to, of course break known mod capabilities, and by including that one item they know everyone wants, then sadly most people will take it. Brilliant game on their side of the fence. ? for us.

Oh for sure, its just an annoyance.
Actually it could be used negatively against someone if a situation arose. Especially when you click it to make it disappear. Now you've stated clearly and officially that yes you knew what you were doing. Just saying, tattletale is never just an annoyance.

its exactly that a warning its all part of DJI attempts to conform with a countries regulations in the UK if you fly straight up from your home point the drone will geofence at 396ft and you get a message saying maximum height reached regardless of how high the take of point is
i had a bit of play on Sunday and i saw the message but i want up to 600 foot and it never stopped me. on the slide in settings it says maximum is 1640 foot .

i had a bit of play on Sunday and i saw the message but i want up to 600 foot and it never stopped me. on the slide in settings it says maximum is 1640 foot .
the problem with that is, you should fly more than 400ft AGL so you should have 120m set as your max height

Reactions: ninja_geezer
the problem with that is, you should fly more than 400ft AGL so you should have 120m set as your max height
That works if you fly out on the prairie but there are plenty of places where you can fly more than 400 ft higher than your launch point and still be less than 400 ft above the ground below the drone.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121