DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Faa Aproved Airmap

Roy Rogers

Reactions
As I understand it the Faa has approved 3 apps to use and Airmap is one of them . I started using it 2 days ago and I was wondering if anyone else has and what do you think ?

I use AirMap and it works great for almost instantaneous flight clearance via LAANC.
It looks like it maybe a much easier way to 1 check if its safe to fly 2 let the faa know where you are 3 gives phone numbers for the airports , sometimes even to small air strips that have no tower .

Of course they authorized AIRMAP, they paid thousands of dollars to lobbyists to get Congress to monkey up and confuse regulations, making apps like theirs necessary.

The first time I used it , it sent a code to my phone , I entered the code and the air told me about aircraft status in my area . I have tested it 4 times sense and it hasn't given me a code or told me about aircraft . am I doing something wrong?

Strange to me. I have never gotten a code to enter. Just an approval and a timer for the time I entered. I have always done it just before a flight.

Reactions: STUFF2C
Hey Roy, how you doing buddy?

How you getting on with airmaps? I’ve only just started using it, got my code 1st time but haven’t received more codes while programming more flights. Thanks for taking the time to email them, you’ve answered me question.

Now this app is all new to me, lm only going to use it for approval to fly, I’m quite happy using the Go4 app as my main flying screen.

What’s your thoughts on the app, is it worth using and how accurate is it for approval to fly?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, I didn’t want to start a new thread, loads already so I thought I’d tag onto your one, hope you don’t mind?

As a total newbie to this, perhaps you or someone can give a beginners guide on what I need to know about it??

Reactions: Roy Rogers
hi son i use airmap and drone assist but only if i intend to fly somewhere new,just to see if there are any flight restictions where i am ,and to see what advisories are in the area

hi son i use airmap and drone assist but only if i intend to fly somewhere new,just to see if there are any flight restictions where i am ,and to see what advisories are in the area

I’ve always used NATS drone assist, cool app but I do like the look of airmaps and what can be done using it. How do I setup GBR Notam etc. I like the way you can send your flight route plan via the app but not to sure what’s involved and what info I get back.

Have you set those things up dad? I might be jumping ahead of myself, not fully understanding things, might even be barking up the wrong tree....

Going by having no response on this, looks like I’m wrong as always? just thought I’d ask the question.

Do you use it to fly or do you still use the Go4 app?

Reactions: old man mavic
I’ve always used NATS drone assist, cool app but I do like the look of airmaps and what can be done using it. How do I setup GBR Notam etc. I like the way you can send your flight route plan via the app but not to sure what’s involved and what info I get back.

Have you set those things up dad? I might be jumping ahead of myself, not fully understanding things, might even be barking up the wrong tree....

Going by having no response on this, looks like I’m wrong as always? just thought I’d ask the question.

Do you use it to fly or do you still use the Go4 app?
i just use it to see what airspace restrictions there might be in the place i want to fly and to see if there are any no fly zones close by

Reactions: Porky
Hey Roy, how you doing buddy?

How you getting on with airmaps? I’ve only just started using it, got my code 1st time but haven’t received more codes while programming more flights. Thanks for taking the time to email them, you’ve answered me question.

Now this app is all new to me, lm only going to use it for approval to fly, I’m quite happy using the Go4 app as my main flying screen.

What’s your thoughts on the app, is it worth using and how accurate is it for approval to fly?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, I didn’t want to start a new thread, loads already so I thought I’d tag onto your one, hope you don’t mind?

As a total newbie to this, perhaps you or someone can give a beginners guide on what I need to know about it??
Hey Porky Thumbswayup ,I am happy to help anytime .
Airmap I still use it every time I fly . You can pick from just for fun , 107 , or Exemption holder . The rules it will bring up will be different for which one you choose .
As for accuracy seems to be very up to date and accurate. I pick a duration longer then I will be flying and End Flight when Im done.
Airmaps flight screen doesn't give all your camera opinions , So I use Go4 as a flight Screen but Airmaps flight screen will alert you if you are approaching a NFZ . " Approaching Such and Such School in 24 seconds " I found that very useful . They are also working on a auto halt for NFZ .

Airmap is 1 of 3 Faa Approved Apps for approval so for me its worth the Pease of mind to take the extra 1 min and submit my fight.
Hope this helped and its always good to hear from you Buddy . Happy Flighting .

Reactions: Porky
Hey Roy ?

Many thanks for your reply and thanks for letting me tag on your thread, much appreciated?

I’m now using it the same way your are, I’ve submitted my flight for this evening but as always not getting any info back from them. I now understand we don’t.?

I do use another caa approved map (I’m in the uk) but do like the look of airmaps.

Just wanted to get as much information about it as possible, read loads of threads on the forum so didn’t want to start a new one just for the sake of it.

Cheers again Roy???

Reactions: Roy Rogers
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78