DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA COA information

JCaudle

Reactions
Hello all,

I am in the process of applying for COA for my organization and need some help with some of the required information. My sales rep that I used for my drone, advised me to ask my questions within the community. I have attempted to use the Specs information provided by DJI's website but I am unable to locate the information. The sales rep basically said that if I couldn't get the information via the specs or the community, I could seek out a private company to help but the organization doesn't have the funding to get a private company. The pictures below are the required information, most of which I am struggling to locate.

The organization has a Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced Dual (IR and Normal)

Any help would be most welcomed. Thank you!

COA 1.pngCOA 2.pngCOA 3.pngCOA 4.pngCOA 5.png

Just out of curiosity, why are you applying for a public COA?

The vast majority of agencies just fly under 107 these days. About the only benefits of the public COA is the ability to get Tactical BVLOS waivers. And even then, it's not easy.

Reactions: BigAl07
Just out of curiosity, why are you applying for a public COA?

The vast majority of agencies just fly under 107 these days. About the only benefits of the public COA is the ability to get Tactical BVLOS waivers. And even then, it's not easy.
We already have a COA that was part of our initial purchasing price/process when we purchased our drones. This is to get the Tactical BVLOS waiver. We have already been approved for it, just need to complete the COA application on the CAPS site.

But I have been struggling to get the required specs for the drone. I have all the forms and such ready to go.

We already have a COA that was part of our initial purchasing price/process when we purchased our drones. This is to get the Tactical BVLOS waiver. We have already been approved for it, just need to complete the COA application on the CAPS site.

But I have been struggling to get the required specs for the drone. I have all the forms and such ready to go.
Ah, that makes sense. Have your reached out to DroneResponders? Charles may know some things.

Or, reach out to Chula Vista PD in California. I can't remember the name of their drone guy, but they may also be able to help

So how does the "Tactical BVLOS waiver" work?

Thx.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan