DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA - Remote Pilot - UAG - Exam Prep 14 CFR 107.61

deanbuxton

Reactions
I picked up a Remote Pilot Test Prep Guide off Amazon the day. I thought it might be useful to learn the regulations that apply to our drone flying super fun pastime.

The book I am reading is by ASA. If anyone has had experience preparing for this exam would you share your test prep method and any useful links or resources?

1. Read Test Prep Guide book by ASA
2. Focus on FAA PDF documents from FAA website that pertain to the exam.

3. DVD Learning Guides?
4. Online School - are they worth it or can you study on your own?
5. Exam prep software with practice exams?

I would appreciate anyone's insight - particularly if you passed!

Dean

You can find a list of FAA Part 107 resources that members of this forum have recommended here.

You definitely need proper discipline to study if you actually want to conquer the exam. My son is quite serious about his upcoming LSAT so has created a disciplined study plan for the preparations. Now he is willing to join one of the best LSAT Prep Courses as well.

Reactions: Delmarksman
It all depends on how you perceive the information better and whether you have enough disciplines to learn yourself. It is very hard for me to learn anything, so I always try to have someone teach me. I also advise you to use this site Write My Assignment For Me there you will find a useful assignment, I am sure that it will help you a little.

Utube has many good clips for part 107 education. Udemy.com also has what I think are excellent courses for about 10$ each that are yours for a lifetime to review. I particularly liked and used this course for my Part 107 preparation.
Hope this helps

I’m taking Drone Pilot’s Ground School through UAV Coaching. I tried to study through all the free material from the FAA and YouTube. Between work, family and flying, it was totally worth the $ to have this structured online course. Alan Perlman does a great job explaining each of the concepts especially reading sectionals, which is a large part of the 60 questions for the part 107 exam. Hope that helps.
Blue Skies from SoCal
Taking my exam in 2 weeks.

I picked up a Remote Pilot Test Prep Guide off Amazon the day. I thought it might be useful to learn the regulations that apply to our drone flying super fun pastime.

The book I am reading is by ASA. If anyone has had experience preparing for this exam would you share your test prep method and any useful links or resources?

1. Read Test Prep Guide book by ASA
2. Focus on FAA PDF documents from FAA website that pertain to the exam.

3. DVD Learning Guides?
4. Online School - are they worth it or can you study on your own?
5. Exam prep software with practice exams?

I would appreciate anyone's insight - particularly if you passed!

Dean
I refine this every time I cut and paste it.
You can easily pass the 107 exam with the materials below. The 60 question test will take about 20 minutes. Average study time is about 15 hours in total.
1. Tony Northrup video and associated fact sheet. Watch this video first. Then watch it again. That will kill a few hours.
2. The Official FAA Study Guide. This is comprehensive and contains just about everything you need to know. I read through this after watching Northrup's video, concentrating on topics he discussed.
3. 3dr Practice Exam, as well as the practice exam and info on Rupprecht Law. These exams are very similar to the actual one.
4. Peruse YouTube for tips and most-missed questions. There are two or three that always come up.
5. Read the actual text of the Part 107 regulation. There are test questions on this.
6. Familiarize yourself with the Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge and the Testing Supplement for Remote Pilot, you will be given the supplement to use during the test. Don't spend too much time on these, though.

Passed the exam with a 92.
If I can do it anyone with a bit of self discipline can do it.
I started out with Tony's video and Jason Chappert's as well, prior to taking a class that work sent me too for First Responders at the fire school. Other than really bringing it all together, I really didn't learn anything new.
Spent 3 days taking online tests.

Honestly, watch a few videos, take lots of notes.
Concentrate on map reading and learn how to read Latitude Longitude on those maps, & Airspace and weather, reading METARs, were the main focus of the questions.
Literally less than 10% (4-5) questions were drone related.

No doubt, the test was difficult, but do your work and take the test as soon as possible.

Best thing about this multiple choice test was that there are only 3 answers.
One is absolutely wrong.
I only had 2 of the 60 that ended up being "the most right" of the 2 answers. One was on weather and the other was related to autonomous flight/maintaining VLOS.

Good luck, set your mind right and you can do this!

Passed the exam with a 92.
If I can do it anyone with a bit of self discipline can.
Good luck, set your mind right and you can do this!

I do want to add, there were several questions on the test that were the same but written out differently, in a way to trip you up.

Take your time on the test, you get 2 hours. I was done in about 40 minutes.
Read each question carefully and then read it again. Same for each answer.
Many of the questions & answers changed only by a couple of words or letters such as AGL/MSL. (Height of a tower on the map or the as altitude you can fly above the tower...)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman