DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Survey this morning

WeekendMedic

Reactions
Just received a survey from FAA with about a dozen questions about my flying habits and how I want to communicate with the FAA. Funny, they asked the question below, but my answer didn't fit in their range -

1569591821624.png

I have 5 Mavic batteries currently, even with a bit of wind I can pretty readily remain airborne for 90 minutes, hardly worth getting set up for 30 minutes in the air.

Reactions: frank candor
Yes it sounds like they mean per flight not flying session.

I wondered about that meaning, however the question before that was "how often do you fly" or similar (I don't specifically recall). I took the length of flight to be "per session" not "per battery". Either way, the survey was a bit fluffy, didn't really ask much.

Reactions: OldDude
I am curious what other people are averaging overall when doing some type photography not just flying

I am curious what other people are averaging overall when doing some type photography not just flying

It depends on the project. I've done some that we flew for a few hours a day while the majority of my Real Estate and Construction shoots take under 30 minutes total from the time I arrive until I pull out on the road again.

How did the FAA contact you? Did they give any idea of the breadth of the users polled? I never saw the survey. Any idea whether it was sent to 107 pilots or recreational or both?

Reactions: TampaTC
My only comment is, my M2P is registered with the FAA and I haven't received a questionnaire. Could possibly be that I live in extremely rural Northern California. Closest no fly zone is 27 miles away.

I have not seen the survey either, but I do not have my 107 yet, so that might be why. And yes I usually run all 4 of my batteries down, when I am out, usually 15 to 20 minutes per battery. I have the car charger, but so far have not used it while I am flying, just when I am driving to a location I want to fly at.

Just received a survey from FAA with about a dozen questions about my flying habits and how I want to communicate with the FAA. Funny, they asked the question below, but my answer didn't fit in their range -

View attachment 82491

I have 5 Mavic batteries currently, even with a bit of wind I can pretty readily remain airborne for 90 minutes, hardly worth getting set up for 30 minutes in the air.
Wadda Joke! i spammed it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan