DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA

You must register on the FAA's site here before flying in the US. That includes residents of the UK (and other countries).

The registration rule was reinstated in December 2017. See more details here.

Di we have to do FAA registration? Im not entirely clear on that
If you're flying for recreational use only you don't have to register the drone, you just have to register yourself as a "modeler." It covers any drones you use for three years: Fly under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft

But if you're flying for commercial purposes or otherwise don't qualify for the special rules for model aircraft you have to register the drone itself.

If you're flying for recreational use only you don't have to register the drone, you just have to register yourself as a "modeler." It covers any drones you use for three years: Fly under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft

But if you're flying for commercial purposes or otherwise don't qualify for the special rules for model aircraft you have to register the drone itself.

So section 336?

You can also fly recreationally under Part 107. If you have no intention to fly commercially though, then it's easiest/cheapest to register under Section 336.

You can also fly recreationally under Part 107. If you have no intention to fly commercially though, then it's easiest/cheapest to register under Section 336.
Man I never knew this. My buddy said to just register under 107. Oh well. At least I'm covered now

You should only register the aircraft under Part 107 if you are a Part 107-certified Remote Pilot... or the owner of a business that uses drones under Part 107, with an appropriately- rated pilot on staff.

Reactions: MavicNoob79
If you like you can always cancel a Part 107 registration on the same site you used to register...

By registering with the FAA under Part 336, I believe (check my thinking, please) you are registering yourself as a “modeler” and would be issued one registration number which would be attached to all your drones (flown under Part 336). Of course, this implies you have or may acquire more drones in the future to be flown under this section.

Under Part 107 operations, each drone has to have a separate (unique) registration number... and a fee paid for each one.

Reactions: MavicNoob79

Wrong answer...all rc aircraft, fixed wing, helos, quads, over .55 lbs are required to be registered...commercial or hobby...only commercial use requires a 107 certification

Wrong answer...all rc aircraft, fixed wing, helos, quads, over .55 lbs are required to be registered...commercial or hobby...only commercial use requires a 107 certification
I mean if you go to the FAA's Website you can only get a single registration under the section 336 dashboard. There is literally no way to register each drone there unless you do it under the part 107 section.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh