DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

False drift reading

youngster30uk

Reactions
When my mavic air is sitting on the ground, as soon as it connects to gps, the go4 app says it is moving even when it is sittung on the floor. I have recalibrated imu and compass but it still does it. I did a test fly yesterday and it flies fine. Hovers on spot very well. It only seems to do it when it is low. After abour 30 feet up it seems to be ok. Any ideas?

When my mavic air is sitting on the ground, as soon as it connects to gps, the go4 app says it is moving even when it is sittung on the floor. I have recalibrated imu and compass but it still does it. I did a test fly yesterday and it flies fine. Hovers on spot very well. It only seems to do it when it is low. After abour 30 feet up it seems to be ok. Any ideas?
How much does it say it's moving?
If it's just a couple of feet, that's normal and due to the small error you get in each GPS fix.

How much does it say it's moving?
If it's just a couple of feet, that's normal and due to the small error you get in each GPS fix.
Yeah its not much, can go upto a couple of feet. Ive just had it a few days and still have massive fly away anxiety.

Yeah its not much, can go upto a couple of feet. Ive just had it a few days and still have massive fly away anxiety.
The more you fly, the more you learn that these drones just don't fly away.
One point the manual doesn't mention (and should) is:
Avoid launching from a steel or reinforced concrete surface.
That can cause serious issues that would make you wish you'd been warned.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR