DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fast charge...is it bad for the battery?

Peshoa

Reactions
So, there are two modes for charge the battery of Mini2- fast and slow. When I am using the Air 2 charger to charge the Mini 2 battery via USB port, the charge is slow. When I am using my Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S charger, the charge is fast ( the white leds blinks double faster than with AIR 2 charger). The question is, will this faster charge shorts the battery wear?

Hello Peshoa:

I recall reading somewhere in the Mini 2 documentation that as long as the charger was limited to less than than 30 watts the danger of overcharging would be minimized.

While I’m not a chemist, I’ve always assumed that no matter how a battery was designed, moderate charging rates would theoretically give longer life than really fast charging rates - but the difference might be worth the tradeoff in time to many of us.

Howard

While I’m not a chemist, I’ve always assumed that no matter how a battery was designed, moderate charging rates would theoretically give longer life than really fast charging rates - but the difference might be worth the tradeoff in time to many of us.
There is science to back that up and they are called "C" rates (Google it). Whether it's a car or phone (or drone), a lower "C" rate is always better...which roughly translates into slower charge (and discharge--like not running in Sport mode) times. You can also extend battery life by letting your battery cool before/after flight/charging.

So, there are two modes for charge the battery of Mini2- fast and slow. When I am using the Air 2 charger to charge the Mini 2 battery via USB port, the charge is slow. When I am using my Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S charger, the charge is fast ( the white leds blinks double faster than with AIR 2 charger). The question is, will this faster charge shorts the battery wear?

MM2 has samart battery, chip on the battery will regulate amps and make sure it is safe, temp, overcurrent, overcharge etc.
Battery will stop charging when one of those is detected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nkbran white