DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fed up with jerky drone pan shots? This maybe the problem.

Not just you, but when you guys who are showing us new guys how to fly or set up our controller try not to go so fast, you will say set it here and when you do that set here, so when you do your YouTube videos slow down a bit.
Thanks

Reactions: Former Member
Not just you, but when you guys who are showing us new guys how to fly or set up our controller try not to go so fast, you will say set it here and when you do that set here, so when you do your YouTube videos slow down a bit.
Thanks

I agree, but he is cramming alot of info into a short video. I have found that the pause button works very well, or press the < key to rewind the video 3 seconds. If I am watching something I didnt necessarily understand, I keep my right index finger on the > key and just keep rewinding the video until I understand the content.

I agree, but he is cramming alot of info into a short video. I have found that the pause button works very well, or press the < key to rewind the video 3 seconds. If I am watching something I didnt necessarily understand, I keep my right index finger on the > key and just keep rewinding the video until I understand the content.

I use a free program called "VLC" to play back those kind of videos. It has the capability to play at different speeds. It makes the videos much more enjoyable and easier to follow. I just download them and either decide to keep or delete when done watching. Just my 2 pennies worth.

Surprising that there is not an intelligent flight mode for panning. If you can't get the computer to do it, can it be done?

He should ease up on the Starbucks :oops:
Anywhoo.... the other problem is getting the horizon straight in a pan. You can see in his example how the image is tilted, it bugs the crap outta me.

I use a free program called "VLC" to play back those kind of videos. It has the capability to play at different speeds. It makes the videos much more enjoyable and easier to follow. I just download them and either decide to keep or delete when done watching. Just my 2 pennies worth.
Yes I use VLC as well. It's really capable of playing any format videos And it has good play back controls

Pans at 24 and 25 frames/sec are difficult, slightly better at 30 fps. They must be done very slowly (particularly if you video in progressive mode, jitter is greatly reduce in interlaced mode). That is why you rarely see pans is movies. In movies the main subject has to fill most of the frame when panning, but if you watch the background it will be jittery generally. If you can video at 50 or 60 fps then it is pretty good, but that generally is not possible for 4k, only available often for 2k (1920x1080).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78