DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feelworld FW279 Question re temperature

rangemaster728

Reactions
I recently acquired a Feelworld FW279 to use as an accessory display...driven by the HDMI output of the DJI Smart Controller.

It does exactly what I want...but for those of you with an FW279 I have a question...this display runs a bit warm.

I subsequently put it on the bench to test battery life.

A 2600 mAH NP-F550 battery lasts about 35-40 minutes (at 50% brightness, ambient temperature 68 degrees F). I ran the battery down to about 10% and upon finishing the test the unit was quite warm (IR gun indicated 115-117F at the top of the FW279).

I realize this unit is convection cooled (yes, the vents were unobstructed and the highest readings were the top vents as expected); have other users noticed this and is it a cause for concern??

Currently bench testing this with a larger battery (NP-F970, 8700mAH) for running time. After about 15 minutes the temperature readings mimicked what I saw with the F550 battery.

The display at 50% brightness lasted about 3 hours, 35 minutes on the F970 battery (10% battery remaining).

Last edited:
I recently acquired a Feelworld FW279 to use as an accessory display...driven by the HDMI output of the DJI Smart Controller.

It does exactly what I want...but for those of you with an FW279 I have a question...this display runs a bit warm.

I subsequently put it on the bench to test battery life.

A 2600 mAH NP-F550 battery lasts about 35-40 minutes (at 50% brightness, ambient temperature 68 degrees F). I ran the battery down to about 10% and upon finishing the test the unit was quite warm (IR gun indicated 115-117F at the top of the FW279).

I realize this unit is convection cooled (yes, the vents were unobstructed and the highest readings were the top vents as expected); have other users noticed this and is it a cause for concern??

Currently bench testing this with a larger battery (NP-F970, 8700mAH) for running time. After about 15 minutes the temperature readings mimicked what I saw with the F550 battery.

The display at 50% brightness lasted about 3 hours, 35 minutes on the F970 battery (10% battery remaining).
First: Greetings fellow NW Oregonian
Second: Don't you just love this Feelworld setup on the SC?
Lastly (and to finally address your question): I just ran my FW279 down to 40% just to test it as I hadn't been aware of it heating up previously. It did get quite warm, especially toward the top. I don't have an IR gun but my guess would be that it is in the same temp range you noted. Hasn't been an issue thus far. Peace.

Gindra:

Thanks for the reply...then this appears to be normal. Looks like for the next week we will be dealing with rain (bummer).

Yes...I really like the FW279...the trick was getting the correct cables (right-angle ends) and providing some strain relief so I don’t damage the HDMI connector on the display or SC.

Sometimes I use the 279, sometimes the white DJI Goggles...depends on what the mission is and what the person with me wants to see.

Reactions: Gindra

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon