DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Few pre maiden flight questions

MMFlyer

Reactions
1. When connected to my Galaxy S10 plus phone, either my phone is charging the controller the controllers charging the phone. Is there any way to disable this?

2. I was trying to control the gimbal before I took off but it doesn't move does the Drone have to be in the air

3. I'm in my basement but UAB forecast says I have 12 satellites, but my Drone app DJI fly doesn't show any

1. When connected to my Galaxy S10 plus phone, either my phone is charging the controller the controllers charging the phone. Is there any way to disable this?

2. I was trying to control the gimbal before I took off but it doesn't move does the Drone have to be in the air

3. I'm in my basement but UAB forecast says I have 12 satellites, but my Drone app DJI fly doesn't show any
1. No way to disable
2. It should move while mini is on the ground
3. App is estimating number of stats, fly app doesn’t report because mini doesn’t see any as your in a basement.

Reactions: old man mavic
1 - Known Android problem... hopefully fixed in updates.

2 - Yes. You’ll also notice the gimbal going to horizontal position during landing. A protection for your lens.

3 - Drone sensors are different.

Reactions: old man mavic

I could only answer 1 & 2. I have read somewhere that on android, the immediate battery charging could not be disabled. It is only on ipads that you coukd disable the charging option. I could move my gymbal up and downn while the aircraft is on the ground.

firstly your basement is not the best place to try to fly your drone
you probably will not get any sats locked so the drone will be relying on the downwards vision sensors to tell it where it is
i presume you took the gimbal guard off before you powered up the drone
and it is normal for the controller to charge an android device

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky