DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Few questions

ProCharger

Reactions
Hello all, first post so be easy on me! I am about 99% sure my wife is going to purchase the mpp for me for xmas, and if she doesn't I will more than likely do it myself in the coming months. I have been doing a ton of research over the last few months, watching videos, reading, etc. and there are a few things I am still unclear of.

I only see iphone cables being added to any packages I see. I am assuming android/usb is standard for operation as I never see anything advertising cables or adapters for usb? I have a galaxy note 4 I plan on using when the time comes.

Now the question with my phone. I think looking at videos and pictures my phones too large to work with the factory mount on the remote. My phones thickness in it's case is .81" or 20.6mm, the mount looks to be roughly 10mm or so. I can not remove the case either, I run a 10,000mah battery on the phone and the case takes the place of the back of the phone, so that is not an option. I am assuming I will need something like the mavmount 2.0 with a mount that will accept the width of 88.4mm when turned sideways. Will the thickness of the phone be a concern with the mavmount 2.0?

I do have a galaxy note 10.1 tablet I could use as well but there is no usb port as it is the original note tablet. Anyone know if I can use an adapter from the charging port which looks like it could be a 30 pin to usb adapter or is this thing too much of a dinosaur to even consider?

In the end I am going to go with the standard mpp and piece together the accessories to get what I want instead of a bunch of stuff I will not use. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Brett

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I can only help you with the first question; you can use the USB charging cable then pick up a shorter 90 degree cable later.

I do not know if your phone will fit the Mavmount but I'm sure if you contact them they can tell you. There is a rep that participants in this forum that may know.

I think looking at videos and pictures my phones too large to work with the factory mount on the remote. My phones thickness in it's case is .81" or 20.6mm, the mount looks to be roughly 10mm or so.
You are correct. The Mavic remote controller can only hold a mobile device that has a max thickness of 0.34 inches.

You could remove or shave down the inserts in the remote controller arms to make more room for your mobile device. See this thread for more details.

I am assuming I will need something like the mavmount 2.0 with a mount that will accept the width of 88.4mm when turned sideways.
In addition to the MavMount, here are some other Mavic remote controller phone mounts that might work for you:
Will the thickness of the phone be a concern with the mavmount 2.0?
The MavMount should be able to hold any mobile device. Check out all of their mounting options here.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
257acu