DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

File name wrangling...

pedz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
At this point, I have at least 3 DJI products and all of them appear to insist on naming the files DJI_0001.MP4, etc. It seems that if you don't reformat the card but just delete the files, somehow the numbering continues. I have not tested this out yet but that still doesn't get me all the way home.

What I'd like is to have the files named with a unique prefix for each product and then continuous numbering of the files.

I can probably figure out a way to script this but I thought I would ask here first to see what solutions others have done for this problem.

At this point, I have at least 3 DJI products and all of them appear to insist on naming the files DJI_0001.MP4, etc. It seems that if you don't reformat the card but just delete the files, somehow the numbering continues. I have not tested this out yet but that still doesn't get me all the way home.
If you format the card in your computer after copying the files across, the file numbering will continue from the last photo taken.
Format in the drone and it resets to DJI_0001
What I'd like is to have the files named with a unique prefix for each product and then continuous numbering of the files.
If you buy a Mavic 3 pro it uses a different file naming convention with the date and time.
But it results in long, complicated filenames like DJI_20230813102011_0008_D.JPG

I can probably figure out a way to script this but I thought I would ask here first to see what solutions others have done for this problem.
If a Windows user try "Bulk Rename Utility".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400