DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filed a claim with State Farm

Interesting thread-
I went to a local State Farm agent right after buying my drone, and was told they wouldn't write me a policy because I don't have a homeowners policy with them. There's another State Farm agent in town, haven't tried him yet. I live in Georgia- perhaps that's a Ga. thing?

Yes, it was a Personal Articles Policy with a specific line item for the drone. When I crashed it, I filed the claim, and I had a check in hand in a couple of days -- no questions asked, no deductible required.

Now, my PAP premium increased to nearly double what it was before. Granted, it's still reasonable now (and I switched the $ amount to cover my new Mavic 2 Pro), but they definitely stick it to you if you file a claim.

Yes, it was a Personal Articles Policy with a specific line item for the drone. When I crashed it, I filed the claim, and I had a check in hand in a couple of days -- no questions asked, no deductible required.

Now, my PAP premium increased to nearly double what it was before. Granted, it's still reasonable now (and I switched the $ amount to cover my new Mavic 2 Pro), but they definitely stick it to you if you file a claim.
Ok good to know, I'm not at all surprised or concerned by PAP premiums going up, again that's by design and the only thing that makes that coverage possible. I've also read that many PAPs become nonrenewable after claims within their first year.

I'm trying to understand why some here feel their homeowners premiums increased as a result of a PAP claim, which my agent has said should not happen.

I have a PAP policy from State Farm. It covers all of my camera equipment and all of my drones (except Tello - I didn't add that one). A few months ago, I totaled my P4P, emailed my agent and he mailed me a check. My policy just renewed this past week and there was no increase in cost.

Reactions: KeithLa
No deductible. They did not ask for me to return the drone. Surprisingly, they didn't even ask me to send them a picture of it. It is pretty destroyed and I really have no intention on fixing it.

Hi good day, I have State Farm insurance i need to get info coz I crashed my drone and can’t locate the drone where it crashed. Did you file it online or by phone? And what requirements do I need to file a claim? Thank you very much

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_