DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filming low and slow can really help with a more cinematic look.

JoshuaCarlton

Reactions
I was able to capture this mostly empty lake this morning here in Oregon. I have been really concentrating on getting lower to what I am filming so the camera appears to be on a dolly instead of a typical drone shot.I used the Mavic Air for this and am really amazed at how nice this little camera is. I have lugged gear out to this same spot a few times before and found myself laughing at how small my camera bag was today! :) Hope you enjoy and really hope to see more footage from you guys!

I was able to capture this mostly empty lake this morning here in Oregon. I have been really concentrating on getting lower to what I am filming so the camera appears to be on a dolly instead of a typical drone shot.I used the Mavic Air for this and am really amazed at how nice this little camera is. I have lugged gear out to this same spot a few times before and found myself laughing at how small my camera bag was today! :) Hope you enjoy and really hope to see more footage from you guys!
Really like this movie. Must try and do something similar myself. Thanks for sharing it.

Very cinematic! I like the super wide aspect ratio and the music is very well chosen too (what is it?)
Are there any other techniques you're using to make this so cinematic? Low frame rate? Slow shutter speed? Some special color grading?

REALLY NICE!! Love the music, what's this piece? I am more and more convinved every day to get an Air!

Very nice indeed, lovely smooth flying does create a great cinematic effect.

I have been doing some similar stuff recently (although with a MP)...

Like the video. If you're able, spend a few bucks for Autopilot. You can use the Zipline feature where you set the elevation and speed. Your drone flies as low and slow as you wish. And in a straight line

Reactions: derekcreates
Like the video. If you're able, spend a few bucks for Autopilot. You can use the Zipline feature where you set the elevation and speed. Your drone flies as low and slow as you wish. And in a straight line
Last seconds through the trees are awesome!

Was a bit nerve racking due to the wind but made it safely :)

Have done quite a bit of indoor flying as well down narrow corridors which was a blast, but again nerve racking....

Was a bit nerve racking due to the wind but made it safely :)

Have done quite a bit of indoor flying as well down narrow corridors which was a blast, but again nerve racking....

I have a small issue with your filming but the idea is original. I would combine some filming with the DJI Osmo Mobile.
I've ordered the 2 and can't wait to combine with drone footage

I forgot to mention, when following a person (or object) you have in Autopilot the option in Airspace to give a mobile device to one of your actors. Then set the drone the correct height and distance. And with a bearing of 90 degrees, the drone stays exactly at the subject. It takes a while to get it correct but it works very good
See my attached link

Very nice video. I really enjoyed it. Sort of reminded me of the opening scene on The Reverent!

Epic footage, composition and smooth motion. Congratulations!!!!

Loved it! That's what I would like to do but just don't know how do it. I downloaded Devinci 14 but have know idea how to put audio on my video's. I don't even understand how Devinci works. Loved that background music. Wish there was a for Dummies video on how to run this program. I watched some Youtube video's but it goes right over my head.(74yrs).

Reactions: KentA
That was absolutely fantastic... Great motion.... Nice composition.... Colours.... Truly a beautiful area as well.

Very nice!.. I find myself traveling lighter and lighter with the Air. I have 2 Inspires and love light packing this thing and experimenting with it.

I forgot to mention, when following a person (or object) you have in Autopilot the option in Airspace to give a mobile device to one of your actors. Then set the drone the correct height and distance. And with a bearing of 90 degrees, the drone stays exactly at the subject. It takes a while to get it correct but it works very good
See my attached link

Note that Autopilot doesn't support the Mavic Air.

Reactions: oxfordms
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo