DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

find my drone

jmw642

Reactions
just one of the questions I have before i order my Maveric air. If I`m out say 1/2 mile and the drone comes down. can I get the gps cordinates to use a gps hand held to locate the unit?

can I get the gps cordinates to use a gps hand held to locate the unit?
You can if you have a 3rd party GPS tracker attached to your drone. Without that, you'll only have the last coordinates that were sent from the drone to your remote controller. If the drone disconnects from the remote controller before it lands, that location will most likely not be the location where the drone landed.

Then you would have to upload your flight log to the forum and have the gurus on this site try and extrapolate data from your flight log and determine where the best search area to look in would be. It is a pretty successful method in many cases.

Trackers
There are various trains of thought. I prefer a Marco Polo tracker there are other trackers that utilize cellular tracking capabilities. The reason I like the Marco polo is it does not depend upon cellular. I have always believed that if I could handle my worst case then everything else will take care of itself.
The Marco Polo tracker transmit a signal and a hand held locator will zero in on where is the tracker is located I don’t have to worry about cellular and it will take me right to the spot where the tracker is.
Go 4 Will get me to the last known spot in my handheld could take over from that point.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpknight