DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fire in the Hole!

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I rarely use the "Explore" option...rarely as in only for looking around for animals but yesterday it was the right thing for the first part of a series of demolitions to widen a road - the Dalton Hwy. Here is an excerpt - the money shot- from the video I took. I am looking forward to a "real" 4x lens on the Mavic Pro if the rumors turn out to be true. I'll order it on day 1 :). This is on the Dalton Hwy (the haul road) on the way to Prudoe Bay but not far from Fairbanks.

I have quite a few clients that use the Drones to film Demolitions as they use videos for insurance Purposes sometime flying more than one drone to capture all the angles.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and Capture the Explosions.

Reactions: Hauptmann
I have quite a few clients that use the Drones to film Demolitions as they use videos for insurance Purposes sometime flying more than one drone to capture all the angles.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and Capture the Explosions.
If I could fly more than one at a time legally I'd be juggling drones myself :).

I rarely use the "Explore" option...rarely as in only for looking around for animals but yesterday it was the right thing for the first part of a series of demolitions to widen a road - the Dalton Hwy. Here is an excerpt - the money shot- from the video I took. I am looking forward to a "real" 4x lens on the Mavic 3 Pro if the rumors turn out to be true. I'll order it on day 1 :). This is on the Dalton Hwy (the haul road) on the way to Prudoe Bay but not far from Fairbanks.

It's been confirmed that the third lens is a 3x telephoto.

It's been confirmed that the third lens is a 3x telephoto.
If they can make a 3X, surely they could have upped that to a 4X. Probably going to wait and charge us more money again when they bring out the next variant which will have a 5X, then later the 7X and then the 10X etc.

Reactions: Hauptmann
If they can make a 3X, surely they could have upped that to a 4X. Probably going to wait and charge us more money again when they bring out the next variant which will have a 5X, then later the 7X and then the 10X etc.
they already have the 7X on the Mavic 3. The 3X is just a 3rd camera. None are optical zooms unless I have my facts wrong

Reactions: GadgetGuy
they already have the 7X on the Mavic 3. The 3X is just a 3rd camera. None are optical zooms unless I have my facts wrong
They two supplemental cameras are both fixed telephoto lenses. All zooms are digital from one of the three fixed magnification lenses, with 2x digital on the 1x and the 3x and up to 4x digital on the 7x.