DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firehouse ARC V question

Jonny521

Reactions
Quick question, Does the Firehouse ARC V cause any type of interference with the MA2? gonna be purchasing one in the next day or so and don't want it if its gonna cause issues like the lumcube,

I have been flying with multiple Firehouse lights attached for legal night flying. I have a Velcro strip on every DJI I battery and move a large white strobe to the battery for top visibility. Smaller Velcro strips allow smaller strobes on the left and right front arms. No interference ever. Have now added a velcro strip on rear arm and place a ARC V there. It works well and that rear facing white is a god send for spotting the drone in daylight. The supplied 3M tape is what I was referring to as Velcro. You do have to remove the rear light to fold the drone. Good product.

Quick question, Does the Firehouse ARC V cause any type of interference with the MA2? gonna be purchasing one in the next day or so and don't want it if its gonna cause issues like the lumcube,
I've got an Arc V on the back of the battery cover of one of my Mini-2s, and I've never seen a problem that I could attribute to interference from it.

It's a good strobe, very bright. I use it to enhance daytime VLOS.

Good luck!

TCS

Reactions: Jonny521
Great, I like the idea of a Velcro piece on every battery

I have one that I Velcro to each battery, not on the drone itself so I am not blocking any GPS signals. I also fly with two on each front arm aiming down to enhance my VLOS. All 3 are Firehouse strobes. I also fly one strobe on an no-name brand drone which has the man-down alarm.

Tests have shown the Firehouse lights to be the best and any communication with them has been great.

Reactions: Jonny521

Never had any issues and I have 5 on my MA2. I turn them on before every flight to help keep VLOS. The custom holders on the legs are fantastic and the back leg holder can spin around when folded so it all fits in the bag, without removing any of the lights. Pics attached (after nearly blinding myself).

Rob

Attachments

• 20220405_201216.jpg
    20220405_201216.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 20220405_201224.jpg
    20220405_201224.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20220405_201313.jpg
    20220405_201313.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: TomEye and Jonny521
I ordered the light today, I'm just gonna put Velcro on every battery I own that way there its not on the body.

M2P_strobes.jpg

FOUR Arc V's... No issues. At night over water I've flown out as far as 10,000 ft, still being able to see the drone with no interference at all. Sometimes instead of red/green mounted on the arms I'll put a red in front and a green in the rear for orientation. Top and bottom are clear strobes.

View attachment 146367

FOUR Arc V's... No issues. At night over water I've flown out as far as 10,000 ft, still being able to see the drone with no interference at all. Sometimes instead of red/green mounted on the arms I'll put a red in front and a green in the rear for orientation. Top and bottom are clear strobes.
Do you have any particular reason for red in the front and green in the rear and not vice-versa?

May be answered elsewhere, but do these (or similar) strobes interfere with the anti collision sensors? Thinking of getting one for the top of my Air 2s, to put between the sensors on top. Or is it recommended to put on top of batteries as mentioned above?

May be answered elsewhere, but do these (or similar) strobes interfere with the anti collision sensors? Thinking of getting one for the top of my Air 2s, to put between the sensors on top. Or is it recommended to put on top of batteries as mentioned above?
I have found no issues attaching strobes top, bottom, front, rear as long as sensors are not blocked. During the day I put one or two in front ((usually red) one in the back (green) one white on the bottom. At night I add a white on top.

My Mavic 2 uses all Arc Vs while my minis use Vifly strobes except for the bottom which gets Arc V as does the top at night.

Reactions: Paul Stocum
I have the exact same setup on my Air 2S and Mavic 3 without issues. \
image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Since buying mine I have had no issues. It is very bright and I have Velcro on each of my batteries.

I find HEAVY DUTY Velcro works pretty well. The Velcro supplied by Firehouse should not be used as it loses its grip in a short time. I lost two Arc Vs before I learned my lesson.

A cheap way to Mount strobes on the arms is elastic hair bands. On my Mini 3 with its new folding routine the bands allow me to rotate them out of the way when putting in the case. My Mavic 2 case has been modified so I don’t have to remove the arm strobes.

Reactions: DougMcC
Firehouse have it.,

Reactions: Paul Stocum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78