DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse Mavic 2 Strobe Kit

MACROCK

Reactions
Has anyone used the Firehouse Arc II strobe light kit for the Mavic 2? In the instructions it says not to remove once put on because it causes a weakening of the mounts.

Seems kind of limiting to the fold up design if they cannot be removed and put back on.

Anyone have a comment?

I've never read that on the FHT site, but then I don't use mounts, dual lock velco is fine.
The mounts look good, but I just think less time setting up is better, and more flexibility for placement options is good.
I have velcro on the arms and rear panel, can attach ARCIIs or Duals, and swap out between my M1P and Spark as I like.
Velcro can be left on of course, and replaced should the pilot ever think it necessary.

You are getting the kit with 3or 4 strobes ?
1 white, 1 green, 1 red . . . or 2 white, 1 green, 1 red.
Placement is pretty straight forward for nav / visual reference either way.

I have used the ARCs exclusively for over a year until just recently. Four in aircraft colors and mounting... 2 whites to rear. I use mount from @Aerial-Pixel ...Never saw the rec not to remove from either entity.

BTW....Just switched t the ARC XLs due to massive increased visibility and the L.A.N.D. feature with a 90dB tone after they are still, not hovering but, still for 4 minutes

Reactions: pelagic_one
Has anyone used the Firehouse Arc II strobe light kit for the Mavic 2? In the instructions it says not to remove once put on because it causes a weakening of the mounts.

Seems kind of limiting to the fold up design if they cannot be removed and put back on.

Anyone have a comment?
Unfortunately the mounts that Firehouse Technology sells in their kit are made with a hard PLA plastic which isn't very durable and can scratch your drone when removing and installing them. This is why we make OUR MOUNTS out of a Flexible TPU material (similar to a phone case) it can flex and bounce right back and won't scratch your drone or strobes.
Let me know if you have any questions. Fly safe!

Reactions: pelagic_one
In the instructions it says not to remove once put on because it causes a weakening of the mounts
Which mounts are you using?

Have you seen my ARC mounts?

1580172949878.png

1580173210115.png

They are made of a hard, semi-flexible plastic. The mounts have a smooth finish on the inside so they won't scratch the Mavic arms. Since they are made of a hard plastic, they can be removed often without losing their shape. And my favorite feature? The front is totally open to prevent the LEDs from being blocked by the mount.

Just switched t the ARC XLs due to massive increased visibility and the L.A.N.D. feature with a 90dB tone after they are still, not hovering but, still for 4 minutes

Whoa, 1000 lumens, vs the ARCII (and Spark) 600lm.
Quite a step up, and the alarm thing, well, got to be a bonus if looking for it.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have used the ARCs exclusively for over a year until just recently. Four in aircraft colors and mounting... 2 whites to rear. I use mount from @Aerial-Pixel ...Never saw the rec not to remove from either entity.

BTW....Just switched t the ARC XLs due to massive increased visibility and the L.A.N.D. feature with a 90dB tone after they are still, not hovering but, still for 4 minutes
Do you just mount the ARC XL on the top or have you found a place to put it on the bottom of the M2P?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078