DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware .800 Flight restrictions

.500 worked fine for me just downgraded to .400 cause of all the talk, it works great so I'm sticking to it.

I don't have to "care" to be curious.

i think if DJI had even the slightest concern they would have already programmed out the ability to downgrade, in fact they say to downgrade from .800 if your not satisfied with the new update. afterall the the guys at DJI have some brains to get to where they are. they do wanna protect there market share to some extent.

Seems crystal clear to me. You need to be connected to the DJI GO4 app or some other MP compatible app (like Litchi).

And it's EXACTLY what was described prior to this firmware update.
Hey man if you can't handle newbie questions get off the discusion

Reactions: Forrest
Im now hearing that once you go to version 900 you carnt get back to 700? any one know if this is true??

where LOS is a requirement in a country its completely illegal to use only goggles/video feeds to control a drone, LOS is line of sight between the operators eyes and the drone.
where LOS is a requirement in a country its completely illegal to use only goggles/video feeds to control a drone, LOS is line of sight between the operators eyes and the drone.
Indeed so it is. Tested my eyes the other day and got to 1.1km before i lost sight. Not sure, but someone said we are allowed to go to about 2km here with an observation post...... this seems like a difficult option and is not something i

It is written in plain English! You even quoted it yourself... when not connected or logged into the app during flight.

Meaning... YOU MUST LOG IN TO REMOVE THE RESTRICTIONS!
Hello,
I am a new user. After the upgrade to .800 I have the flight restrictions even though I am always logged in to my account in Go4. I have tried logging out and back in as well as uninstalling and re-installing the App but to no avail. Help!!

Thanks.

Prabhat

Since .800 I have had two incidents now, trying to take off in my backyard, connected to the internet, good GPS signal, where the app tells me I am in a NFZ. A restart of the drone and DJI Go app fixed it both times. Still annoying. Wonder when the time will come that I need to take off for a paid shot and can't.

Since .800 I have had two incidents now, trying to take off in my backyard, connected to the internet, good GPS signal, where the app tells me I am in a NFZ. A restart of the drone and DJI Go app fixed it both times. Still annoying. Wonder when the time will come that I need to take off for a paid shot and can't.
m1FkT

In case anyone is curious, I live at the star in the pic. Clear airspace. I get a warning for being in Class B airspace every flight, but that is just the 20NM shelf that extends from DFW airport. I am well outside the 5 mile radius that it should not be throwing a NFZ warning.

I've found how to remove the restrictions. The problem occurs when using older versions of DJI Go, like 3.x.x. After updating the firmware to versions 800 or 900, the app just can't update a NFZ list, as it's required by these new firmwares, only because it doesn't simply have such a functionality, so it applies those restrictions. To remove them you just need to use DJI Go 4 on the same or other mobile device (I used my old android phone) and update the NFZ database via internet when requested. You don't need to take off the mavic. After updating the NFZ database, log off - log in back into you profile and you're done. From now you can freely use your good old DJI Go 3 ;)

The reason of using such relatively old version of DJI Go is simple: my iPhone is jailbroken and has 8.1.4 firmware. All newer versions of DJI Go require iOS 9+ which not suits me.

I'm sorry, but do you really ever own anything... house - don't make the payments or the taxes, it goes. Car - don't pay the taxes or tags can't drive it. Your phone - don't pay the bill can't use it, get out of range can't use it. If you use google and have location turned on your phone. They know where you are at all times. If you don't like something then change it. There are tons of youtube to build your own drone.
I come to this forum to read and see what other people are doing with there mavics. The good or bad times, no one wants to read about how someone thinks DJI is controlling there drone. You're being controlled by your boss, wife, kids, goverment, police, ect.. SELL the **** thing and go away!!!

Sorry, just tired of reading all about the new FW updates. I'm 100% updated and I'm flying fine! Having fun and enjoying life.

No doubt you always fly in an area that has internet coverage. I purchased my mavic and goggles to film in remote areas where there is no internet coverage. I would be happy to downgrade the firmware even though it would mean I would lose so of the options for the goggles, but DJI Assistant 2 has removed all previous versions. $2500 later (now useless), I think I have every reason to complain.

I think DJI has just cracked under government pressure to add this "safety" feature, and as a massive knee jerk reaction they have responded in the worst possible way by making there loyal users jump through multiple hoops and making it so restrictive that it dilutes DJIs reputation. Worst of all its not a compulsory change and even encourages the user to back date there firmware to what ever if they are unhappy with the new firmware, so anyone wanting to break the law can easily get around it. The users DJI is actually pissing off are the poor loyal user who do the right thing and dont break the law, the poor people who look forward to new firmware updates with new features such as fixed wing mode and goggles.
Im certain if they started advertising this 30mx50m restriction along side there Mavic specs page there sales would drop significantly and enough to impact on there drone market share and quickly promt them to rethink there business decisions.

I think it wont be long before DJI back flip on this "Safety" and come up with another better solution to make there drones safe while not annoying there loyal users. you heard it here first!

It's also possible that DJI are concerned that the Mavic is so good that professional organisations won't bother purchasing the far more expensive drones. This would be especially the case for wild life documentary makers who need to film where there is no internet coverage.

No doubt you always fly in an area that has internet coverage. I purchased my mavic and goggles to film in remote areas where there is no internet coverage. I would be happy to downgrade the firmware even though it would mean I would lose so of the options for the goggles, but DJI Assistant 2 has removed all previous versions. $2500 later (now useless), I think I have every reason to complain.
Nope. I do use a Ipad mini 4 W/cellular and Wi-Fi but I turn it off to airplane mode everytime I fly. I haven't updated since 800. took it out 2 days ago and flew perfect.. I'm less than 3 miles from our airport. No problems.. And you can you tube "downgrade to 400" and do it. tons of people do. But maybe you can sell it and get some $ back. Good Luck.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb