DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What version of firmware do you prefer and use currently?

• Total voters
Just curious as to why does it matter?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
It does matter! In fact many of us want to know what FW works best. See what the new firmware does for you. Post your results or vote.

If you say so. I don't spend too much time worrying about it. I've got much better things to do. If the software is buggy and it crashes, so what. I'll buy a new one. I have amazing insurance that covers crashes, fly aways, drowning, etc... I don't see the relevance. It either works or it doesn't. To me, and this is my opinion, these polls are pretty much just a gathering to discuss something you really can't do much about. But to each, his or her own.

If you say so. I don't spend too much time worrying about it. I've got much better things to do. If the software is buggy and it crashes, so what. I'll buy a new one. I have amazing insurance that covers crashes, fly aways, drowning, etc... I don't see the relevance. It either works or it doesn't. To me, and this is my opinion, these polls are pretty much just a gathering to discuss something you really can't do much about. But to each, his or her own.

It's ok, only we true experienced pilots who want to know the truth about the firmware that our aircraft have. Work on it a bit more and you will see what works best for you. Then post your results.

I have better things to do than nit pic. I fly to have fun and as a true photographer my main function is to get the shot, not compare the drift rate of one firmware version verses a previous version. I generally don't look for problems, thus I rarely find them. As long as I can get it up in the air and down again as it is supposed to be, then it's all golden to me. So don't count on me to send back test results. I'd rather just enjoy the drone.

'better things to do then nit pic' and yet still hanging around this thread and replying. Kudos to you for that. [emoji113]

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Reactions: Khy and Steve Cam
I have better things to do than nit pic. I fly to have fun and as a true photographer my main function is to get the shot, not compare the drift rate of one firmware version verses a previous version. I generally don't look for problems, thus I rarely find them. As long as I can get it up in the air and down again as it is supposed to be, then it's all golden to me. So don't count on me to send back test results. I'd rather just enjoy the drone.

Like I said, all to there own. You will be back soon enough to answer the poll.

Are you always such a condescending (fill in the blank). I can 100% assure you, I won't be back to answer your useless and attention seeking poll.

Also, it's their, not there.

Reactions: endlezzdrifter

So what do you have to do that is better?

Are you always such a condescending (fill in the blank). I can 100% assure you, I won't be back to answer your useless and attention seeking poll.

So many better things to do with your time than to answer a useless poll. To me it seems like you only have one better thing to do, which is to repeatedly insist that you have better things to do whilst using up far more of your valuable time than actually answering the poll would use. The internet is a strange place. I don't know about you but I see plenty of things on the internet that I have better things to do than join, so instead of making sure to let everyone know, I just don't join....

You make me laugh! The whole idea behind the updates is due to be sure you get the latest nfo.

So what do you have to do that is better?

I think I spelled it out what I have to do that's better than testing and comparing firmware versions. This isn't my first drone. Been there, done that. I've seen and read many, many polls about firmware and this one is no different.

He is great isn't he? Comes in the thread throwing it down, says 'better things to do then nit pic. Corrects grammer, when 'nit pic' should be "nit pick". Love free speech on here. Lol [emoji122]

Seems like a death cycle between constant updates to remain functional with iOS and Android devices. Not to mention ironing out firmware bugs seems to create wrinkles in other areas leaving pilots skeptical of updates. Hence this topic.

Reactions: Drone Master
You make me laugh! The whole idea behind the updates is due to be sure you get the latest nfo.

Glad to entertain. Your poll does nothing as was mentioned by another person higher up in the thread. The DJI app informs you of an update as does the DJI site if you go over to have a look. You wanted to start a thread and that's cool but it really does nothing or provides no real information. Again, that too is ok, but don't come off like this is providing any info that is not readily available anywhere else.

So many better things to do with your time than to answer a useless poll. To me it seems like you only have one better thing to do, which is to repeatedly insist that you have better things to do whilst using up far more of your valuable time than actually answering the poll would use. The internet is a strange place. I don't know about you but I see plenty of things on the internet that I have better things to do than join, so instead of making sure to let everyone know, I just don't join....

Excellent point Steve. My initial inquiry was to ascertain if there was an viable information regarding this poll. There is none in my opinion. As I pointed out, I've been to other "rodeos" and this one is no different. So I asked why does it matter. The OP posted his opinion, I gave mine. Pretty much sums it up.

Big deal! Why are people in this forum so aggressive? I had an issue with my drone and there were so many helpful people. There were also so many people who felt the need to trash talk me in ways that they would never do to someone they met for the first time face to face. Let's say his poll is totally useless (not that I'm saying it is) then poke your nose in, see that it's not for you, and then walk away! Why do you feel the need to **** all over him and show him that you know better? I just don't get it.

I think I spelled it out what I have to do that's better than testing and comparing firmware versions. This isn't my first drone. Been there, done that. I've seen and read many, many polls about firmware and this one is no different.

And yet you STILL come back to this thread and reply. [emoji106] [emoji122]

Only if you feel that way. But I'm a optimistic pilot always.
I know here on the forum, we support each other! Hope you will join us here soon!

Big deal! Why are people in this forum so aggressive? I had an issue with my drone and there were so many helpful people. There were also so many people who felt the need to trash talk me in ways that they would never do to someone they met for the first time face to face. Let's say his poll is totally useless (not that I'm saying it is) then poke your nose in, see that it's not for you, and then walk away! Why do you feel the need to **** all over him and show him that you know better? I just don't get it.

Actually Steve, I was curious as I now fly a Mavic. Different machine, different everything. So, I was curious to know if there was anything I might have missed. Up to the point of being spoken down to, I was content to have the OP explain why I might need this info. However, from that point on I realized he had no point or relevant info. With that aside, I'm the first to relate photography info, tips, hints, help, support and I can do so in a cogent, and helpful manner. I for one surly do not know everything, hence my question regarding the relevance of his poll. I hope this sort of clears up any misperceptions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147