DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What version of firmware do you prefer and use currently?

• Total voters
Hey Blue Bird, you stated that you're a real or experienced pilot so naturally you have different priorities when flying. I'm a real experienced photographer so my priorities are different when shooting while flying. For me, getting the shot matters while for you, something else matters. Both priorities are important but maybe not for each other. I can concede there might be relevance to your poll but currently not so much to me. In the future who knows. If you need photography help, tips, hints, etc... I'm sure I can deliver for you or anyone else. How does that sound to you?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Your services are not needed by me or anyone else.
However, I thank you for your failed indevar. and so the poll moves on.

Reactions: endlezzdrifter
Ive noticed that my mavic has been drifting a bit after the update and the gimbal as well drifts a bit even without flying :/

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Well, now that that's over...

Here's a datapoint:

My Mavic came with v01.03.0100. The .0200 update came out a few days after I received the unit. So I was expecting to be prompted to update to the current release... but no. That didn't happen. I'm still on v01.03.0100, which seems to be a unique version that was only flashed at the factory.

I did the updates and finally had a nice day to fly. I decided to try everything that others have had issues with. Auto take off, hovering, gimbal drift, descending from 400 feet and a few others that have slipped my mind right now. I had no issues at all. I am using a iPad mini 3. No signal loss. No app crash. No tilted horizon. The only calibration I have ever done is the compass the day I opened the box because it told me to do it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I did the updates and finally had a nice day to fly. I decided to try everything that others have had issues with. Auto take off, hovering, gimbal drift, descending from 400 feet and a few others that have slipped my mind right now. I had no issues at all. I am using a iPad mini 3. No signal loss. No app crash. No tilted horizon. The only calibration I have ever done is the compass the day I opened the box because it told me to do it.

So for everyone else, firmware 0200 is best? I personally like the 0900.
The Mavic was more solid with that firmware!

I'm still on factory shipped firmware on everything, it's been working just fine, I usually don't upgrade anything unless there's an option I'd like, so far there's nothing really extra so I'll leave it to everyone else to try out, it's really funny because I've had people argue that firmware fixes things etc,,,, these are more than likely people who really do not know DJI LoL,,, those who do know that bugs usually do pop up, heck there have been upgrades that had people not even being able to start their quads until they rolled back their versions everyone whose been flying a few years can tell you the stories LoL

Could I suggest that everybody actually list their firmware version when they comment. Saying things like "latest" are only valid for that date. That way DJI may be able to see if there is a problem with the latest release firmware that was not present in earlier versions.

Firmware V01.02.0900

I am trying to downgrade back to V1.02.0900 as I was happier with it (currently on V1.03.0200) but am unable to see it in the DJI Assistant 2 firmware list, I just see V1.03.0000 and V1.03.0200. Any ideas what might be the matter here?