DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware update 06.01.0670

I just got a firmware update message for my MP2.

I notice it says that this patch "increased the maximum transmission distance to 10 KM (FCC)".

What does this exactly mean?
Even though DJI would come up with an update that could push your drone to 50 Km distance, you can legally fly VLOS only, but who does !! ? ??

Even though DJI would come up with an update that could push your drone to 50 Km distance, you can legally fly VLOS only, but who does !! ? ??
The benefit is a stronger signal so if you get blocked or there is local interference it is less likely to lose the connection or video lags.
Those interested in extreme BVLOS get after market stuff anyway,

i was curious how a firmware update would increase the transmission distance unless it allowed for more power some how.
By increasing the power output of the transmitter and perhaps the sensitivity of the receiver. The firmware, on initialization (boot up process) of the a/c, sets the parameters registers of all the programmable devices and installs the operating system and flight control system software. Here endeth the lesson.

The benefit is a stronger signal so if you get blocked or there is local interference it is less likely to lose the connection or video lags.
Those interested in extreme BVLOS get after market stuff anyway,

Not sure yet if the transmit power has been increased or signal integrity has been improved. The AC and RC still have to remain within the FCC, CE, etc, maximum limits. As far as I’m aware DJI haven’t yet published new TX power figures if indeed there has been an increase.

Current V2.0 of the Mavic 2 manual states:

Transmission Power (EIRP)
2.400 - 2.4835 GHz
FCC: ≤26 dBm; CE: ≤20 dBm

5.725 - 5.850 GHz
FCC: ≤26 dBm; CE: ≤14 dBm; SRRC:≤26 dBm

Unless the transmit power regulations have changed, which I would doubt, I suspect they have worked to improve signal integrity sufficiently to enable the additional 1KM. Not that you can see the existing maximum distance by the unaided eye, I now expect those that disregard the VLOS rules will start testing this out.
I think it's just a mockery. Why amplify the signal if it cannot be used? Well this is complete insanity.

Do you think that the signal is weak for a flight of 300 meters and a height of 120 meters?
Guess that would depend on your location. Maybe shooting through
some tree foliage or in a really high WiFi congested area.

Guess that would depend on your location. Maybe shooting through
some tree foliage or in a really high WiFi congested area.
Where there is a high WiFi congested area, is it a densely populated area, do you fly in such places? Then the question arises; why then the rules, or are they not for everyone?

Well had no problems receiving new firmware update until about halfway through the smart controller sometimes it works out OK anyway end up using DGR assistant to and all went smoothly haven’t flown yetTo boiling hot in Texas have to wait till later to give it a test I will update this report later on

When doing the 06.01.0670 update I thought I saw something mentioned about GPS but I don’t see anything anywhere else about it. It also said available with GO 4 v4.3.38. Did anyone catch what that was?

When doing the 06.01.0670 update I thought I saw something mentioned about GPS but I don’t see anything anywhere else about it. It also said available with GO 4 v4.3.38. Did anyone catch what that was?

The release note states:

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0670
DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.37
DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.36

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member