DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware update 06.01.0670

What, specifically, frightens you?
All these stories of people now having problems, after they have down loaded an update. There are many stories of such problems, or have you not been reading some of the stories of problems on here and pother threads? Over the years there are dozens of post each time people do a down load of an update, no matter which DJI drone they seem to be flying. Therefore, I find if it isn't broken and I don't need any of the new features being added, I will leave well enough alone. Plus I am no where near are tech savvy as most of you on here, so if a problem arises, I would not have a clue how to go about resolving it.

All these stories of people now having problems, after they have down loaded an update. There are many stories of such problems, or have you not been reading some of the stories of problems on here and pother threads? Over the years there are dozens of post each time people do a down load of an update, no matter which DJI drone they seem to be flying. Therefore, I find if it isn't broken and I don't need any of the new features being added, I will leave well enough alone. Plus I am no where near are tech savvy as most of you on here, so if a problem arises, I would not have a clue how to go about resolving it.

I've read these forums and DJI's own forum for many years. You are way overstating the number of people that actually have problems.

Every time there's an update,
  • you might (but not always) see a small handful of people posting about potential problems. This is out of millions of owners. I'm certain that if you were to actually tabulate them, you would find that per update, there are no more than a dozen posts about a successful firmware updating causing problems
  • of those dozen or less, it will turn out that for several of them it wasn't the firmware that was the issue. But a lot of people will not subtract those false positives from the number of negative result posts.
I'm not going to argue with you on your "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and there are many arguments against that stance, but they never seem to make a difference, so I won't.

But this is a thread asking for people that have updated to give their status on success or not. You didn't update, but you felt the need to comment anyway, further spreading your fears to other new users (which is how you got afraid in the first place). And you've never even actually had a problem.

Chris

i have not seen all the issues you say you’ve seen. Sure there will be some but other than messing up some that have hacked something,
not having had stayed up to date all along, not having enough storage
or a device that can handle Go. Not to even mention lack of knowledge to download the updates.
Since Go came out with the P3’s I have Never had a issue with any
of the updates with it nor the firmware updates and I fly like a crazy
monkey at times trying to reproduce some of the issues I have read
about.
..Sorry Chris you beat me so I will shut up.

Since doing the update when I go to my main controller settings(in DJI go4) I cannot set the max flight distance further than 8000 meters(roughly the old 5 miles limit). Any suggestions/ ideas why. Thanks.

You saying you can’t set Max Distance.
And you have everything powered up ?

Yes. can set it up to 8000 only.
Ok I’m missing where your setting that I’m looking at this screen.
733F746B-42DD-4ACD-B881-71DC548FDB4E.png
Show me a screenshot of the screen if you would I can’t find it.
Or someone. Having old man moment.

Last edited:
Ok why I’ve not seen it.
I will check mine now and see what I can get.
Ok I turned mine on which I have never done and yup.
464B201F-3759-4DD7-93BD-FEA7DD915D81.jpeg?‍♂️
Turned that back off.

Reactions: LmLphx
Dont know if you could have gone further! that was pretty darn close!! whew.

Dont know if you could have gone further! that was pretty darn close!! whew.
[/QUOTE
I did reach 8300 meters on a straight line before the firmware last year sometime, will give it a go in some quite area, hoping to push the 10km mark quietly :)

BTW The update will reset ATTI mode.

Just a quick reminder if you have done this before:
Setting ATTI mode.

Use v1.1.2 of assistant
Connect drone and wait for drone ICON to appear.

Use cmd- opt I to open the browser (on MAC)
Go to local/file://
Change debug=1<enter> an debug_enabled=true <enter>
Close the browser and click the drone icon
Scroll down to Parameters
Search for ‘mode’
Set control_mode[0]=3 <enter>
If you have never done this you may wish to watch the video.
Just checking - so after the update you had no issues setting it back to ATTI?

Just did the update...a word of advice...make sure you have a fully charged battery and lots of patience. Took me 5 tries to update the M2P. The controller updated first time.

Just did the update...a word of advice...make sure you have a fully charged battery and lots of patience. Took me 5 tries to update the M2P. The controller updated first time.
Thats strange my M2P just updated via go4 1st try, no issues.

I think in the information I’ve always seen, the recommendations are that a full battery is the best practice on any update.

Minimum of 50% but the more the better if the download (Internet) takes longer than expected as happened several times for me initially.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev