DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware update 06.01.0670

Minimum of 50% but the more the better if the download (Internet) takes longer than expected as happened several times for me initially.
Especially in the UK where we are proud to have the most expensive and worse internet ;)

Especially in the UK where we are proud to have the most expensive and worse internet ;)

You think it’s bad here? Much, much worse back home in Australia. We also have the most expensive electricity prices in the world - not good when you rely so much on air conditioning.

Reactions: TampaTC
You think it’s bad here? Much, much worse back home in Australia. We also have the most expensive electricity prices in the world - not good when you rely so much on air conditioning.
My younger brother lives in NSW he's only recently got 1Mb ADSL in his town, was on USB 3G for years.. He has to plan skype chats a month in advance to make sure he has enough internet saved up lol

My younger brother lives in NSW he's only recently got 1Mb ADSL in his town, was on USB 3G for years.. He has to plan skype chats a month in advance to make sure he has enough internet saved up lol

I know how he feels. I get faster downloads with a Telstra 4G portable modem than our fixed landline.

I downloaded and upgraded to this firmware. My controller dropped instantly from 53% to 13% when the update finished. So I charged it back up to 45% to fly a single battery on the drone. Now it's been back in storage for a few days the RC battery reading has been going UP instead of down, and is now at 56%!? The update says nothing about a self charging RC. I knew DJI were hot on their tech but this is something else ?

• Haha
Reactions: pelagic_one
i didnt want to upgrade yet but some how (i think my son did it) my remote controller got updated. So my remote controller is at the latest firmware but the aircraft it self is still on .510 firmware.

Can this create any incompatible issues or any issues at all?
İ hope not as i dont want to update the aicraft as i dont have any issues with my drone self.

i didnt want to upgrade yet but some how (i think my son did it) my remote controller got updated. So my remote controller is at the latest firmware but the aircraft it self is still on .510 firmware.

İ hope not as i dont want to update the aicraft as i dont have any issues with my drone self.
I am not an expert but go4 usually warns about this... i wouldnt risk it.

I have .0400 in my M2P. Have not noticed any problems.

It definitely is anissue with Go 4 on the SC. If you do a quick force stop of the Go 4 app and relaunch it, you get the video signal back. Quickest way to force stop an app is to hold down the back button (just left of left stick) and move the 5d button to the left. Then drag the Go 4 window off the top.
Where did you learn this? I’ve been an iOS person since the iPhone came out, and don’t know anything about the Android system. Can you suggest tutorials? The back button and the 5d button? That’s not intuitive...

Asking this question because I have noticed no difference in range since the update, but, does something have to be ”enabled” after the update for it to work?

If anyone attempts to go back to ATTI mode from Tripod mode after the upgrade - please let us know the results. I don't want to lose ATTI mode- it has already saved my bacon a few times and it much more fun to fly in than tripod mode.
I’m interested in this myself. I don’t want to update until it’s confirmed that ATTI mode is not lost.

Just did the update...a word of advice...make sure you have a fully charged battery and lots of patience. Took me 5 tries to update the M2P. The controller updated first time.
Right. Did my first try on M2P just now on the laptop DJI assistant for M2P. DJI browser Screen reported 100% complete and showed green check box. The bird was still whizzing it’s cooling fan and blinking. The screen offered only a “ Back” button. So I pressed it while bird still doing something. Mistake.

Just like they said they Said they would in the release notes.
I hope this fixes the tilted gimbal. And I hope the DJI go update fixes the video feed issue.
Do you have to update the go 4 too?
I'm on 32, do i have to go to 36 to get the video feed improvement?

BTW The update will reset ATTI mode.

Just a quick reminder if you have done this before:
Setting ATTI mode.

Use v1.1.2 of assistant
Connect drone and wait for drone ICON to appear.

Use cmd- opt I to open the browser (on MAC)
Go to local/file://
Change debug=1<enter> an debug_enabled=true <enter>
Close the browser and click the drone icon
Scroll down to Parameters
Search for ‘mode’
Set control_mode[0]=3 <enter>
If you have never done this you may wish to watch the video.
What do you use for "command option I" on Windows 10?

I did the update. Right after the controller finished the RC battery level reading dropped instantly from 53% to 13%?? What's that all about? Hoping it was just out of sync between the reading and the actual battery level, but that was a massive drop if it was! Anyone else had that?
Yuyup, user 80%in 20 minutes

Right. Did my first try on M2P just now on the MBP laptop DJI assistant for M2P. DJI browser Screen reported 100% complete and showed green check box. The bird was still whizzing it’s cooling fan and blinking LED's. The screen offered only a “ Back” button for function. So I pressed the back button while bird still doing its thing. Mistake. Reported "Network Error". The DJI browser software for MacOS hung. I was not getting meaningful feedback after 10 minutes.

* okay so I shut down the app and powered off quad. Restarted quad and the the app. Version of firmware showed new 1.00.067 looked right but did a refresh with the intention of letting the bird come to a halt this time. Which I did, tho it did not after 10 min. Repeated process with different batteries as no screen option to do so was shown. I'm hoping that this updated my batteries.
Upon restart of the system using controller, M2P and iPhone DJI Go4- the prompts for controller firmware update walked me the successfully. Thinking about it, next time I plan to just do the upgrades to firmware via the iPhone interface. WiFi speeds to laptop are the same to iPhone and the Go4 software seems to be less hinky than the Assistant 2.

The DJI Assistant/ browser running on MacOS was rough. I think I got there, tho unproven in flight as of current (7/18: 1340) Too hot (95deg) to fly right now. Wont be needing those improved flight parameters in the cold weather today.

I did the update via Go4 app and it went smoothly on the first try. Took about 20% of its battery. Then the first few starts I had video issues with the SC not connecting to M2Pro. Huh? So I did it again making sure the SC started up first and waited Go4 app to loaded up completely before turning on the M2Pro and then everything worked perfectly since then.

I did noticed a slight signal/range increased in my congested urban area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13