DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware update?

Based on lisadocs detailed ( "unbiased" :D ) post about plus and minus's in firmware releases,
I am going out on a limb and saying Lisadoc is NOT an updater.

Not much of a limb considering I said this directly in the above summary: "...so I have all my Mavics on .700 with mixed modules ( and .700 instead of .400 - to use with the Goggles)." ;)

And of course I have a bias. I do however see the complete validity and appropriateness in the other side (always updating). I would never criticize those that take this path. But I want to make sure people realize that the road is not always perfectly smooth, since getting every new and cool feature and every "fix" would, on its face, seem like a perfect approach.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
:( I forgot about the DJI Exam, never seen it and don't want to :eek:

Why doesn't everything we buy come with one of those?
I mean seriously a drone is minor compared to so many other dangerous things we have in our lives. Why not have a 15 minute driving exam before you can start your car. A gun safety lecture before you can fire your weapon. I think this innovative idea should be uses on all potentially dangerous products:rolleyes:

Rob

The exam is like 3 no brainer questions, one time only, and then its is gone forever.
So if you have never seen it, how can you even comment on it?

Well you did get an exam to get your driving license and probably required training for your guns, no?

But to walk into most any public store in most any state with a rifle slung over your shoulder... no training.
I have seen more reports of drones getting sucked into jet engines than I have seen reports of people walking into a public store with a rifle on them..... Just saying.

Firearm Talk stops here

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
I don't know why this thread is still on going..........TO EACH HIS OWN

I thought this thread was about firmware updates?
It was till Firearms were brought in and I stoped it .
I don't know why this thread is still on going..........TO EACH HIS OWN
Is still going on but not about Firearms . Continue if you wish in it or don't post in it but Stay On the OP .

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
As with my Cameras, firmware has been released for a reason and it should be placed in the product at the earliest convienence.

Reactions: JeanVos
If it is not broken, do not "repair" it. My .400 FW has worked fine for months, so why has to "fixed" it?

I'll update for any bug fixes or new features along with the DJI GO 4 app, noticed that the last couple really only deal with the Mavic Air, so I haven't bothered with them.

I'll update for any bug fixes or new features along with the DJI GO 4 app, noticed that the last couple really only deal with the Mavic Air, so I haven't bothered with them.
So I'm a little confused I don't know if I want the 200 or 400 or the 700 firmware update plus I don't know which one I have or how to find out. Dont even mention a app update my bird is still in beginner mode and i still fly with sort of white knuckles. I dont need to fly it sky high just basically around residential roof tops and chimneys and occasionally a little bit of height with out it flying away. Thats all i expect. Thanks everyone this is a nice place to learn from eachother. Jack

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato