DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware update?

“nice place to learn from eachother”

There might be more places with more freedom to do that if you do a little googling, Jack ;D

So I'm a little confused I don't know if I want the 200 or 400 or the 700 firmware update plus I don't know which one I have or how to find out. Dont even mention a app update my bird is still in beginner mode and i still fly with sort of white knuckles. I dont need to fly it sky high just basically around residential roof tops and chimneys and occasionally a little bit of height with out it flying away. Thats all i expect. Thanks everyone this is a nice place to learn from eachother. Jack

Hi Jack. It is a little confusing when you first start but you'll get there. Still get a little white knuckled when things go quite as planned or a hickup along the way. LOL You'll eventually get used to flying and get to great heights and distances.

How to find out what version of App and Firmware you're running is easy to find. When you start your App look at the top-right and tap on the 3 dots, scroll to the bottom and tap on 'About' and it shows all the versions there. For the aircraft and remote you'll have to have them connected to see the Firmware version. Jim

I just downloaded app #4. 2.6
After connecting to the mavic pro it said i have the. 400 version and i should update that new firmware is available for the mavic pro and it is 01.04.0200 that seems backwards?

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
I just downloaded app #4. 2.6
After connecting to the mavic pro it said i have the. 400 version and i should update that new firmware is available for the mavic pro and it is 01.04.0200 that seems backwards?

Don’t be confused. We’re generally talking 1.03.700 and 1.03.400. It then went up to 1.03.1000 before transitioning to 1.04.000. It’s now up to 1.04.300.

You have 1.03.400 (guaranteed) from a very old source of the product, and DJI is requesting that you upgrade all the way up to 1.04.200. This would bring you almost current.

However, I would suggest that you stick with your .400 for a bit and see if you like that. It has none of the new DJI limitations. You can always upgrade if you wish. If you don’t like your old FW version, it takes no knowledge to update it. Once you update the FW though, it takes a bit of know-how on how to downgrade back to previous versions.

Reactions: JeanVos
I have tried multiple times to upgrade the firmware. The first update worked but the next one will not complete the upload. Any suggestions?

If you were attempting to update the firmware from DJI GO, then try the DJI Assistant 2 application (or vice versa).

So if I have my MP for a yr and had not updated, had solid 30 flights without issues,
And I don't want any new fancy features,

It's ok / safe to stay on my current FM and continue safely flying? ( as opposed to accidental fly sways?)
Thank you
Newbie here , pls be nice

If you're happy with the way it is, flying without issues and don't want the new features, I don't see any harm in staying that way. The only thing I would suggest is to make sure that you're not flying in any NFZ to keep yourself out of hot water. :)

Reactions: WEOTN
Well that sentence pretty much sums up why so many people decided to stay on firmware .0400 and .0700.

I am on .0400 and I never have an issue with flying. I can power up and fly no matter where I am, and I don't need DJI's permission to do so. I never get prompt for updates or to download new NFZ maps etc. It's a blast having a drone that you can take out and just fly and never have to worry that it will be grounded by the need for an update or the location you may be in, and all my settings stay the same and I never have to worry about anything changing.

Rob
Amen! You speak truth, brother. .o4oo 4ever! I don't let my iPad Mini4 go on the web either. Maps? We don't need no stinkin maps...

Hi, just to further the discussion I thought I would post the Release Notes on this update:

Date : 2018.02.09 Firmware : v01.04.0300 DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.2.5 DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.2.5
What’s New?
 Fixed an issue that prevented J+R format photos from being downloaded.
This update includes an update for the DJI Goggles firmware:
 Added support for Mavic Air: Support for Head Tracking (requires Mavic Air remote controller firmware v01.00.0100 or later); support for shooting and viewing Pano photos; and support for downloading and viewing photos and videos.
Notes:
 Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.  Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.  If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

Just a comment for any newbies that hit these sights and live in fear of firmware upgrades.

I have had a Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro+, and currently enjoying my Mavic Pro Plat.

I do firmware upgrades when prompted. I upgrade DJI app on android when available and do my firmware without DJI assist, (although I have had to use it in the past).

I do not have any issues at present.

I realize that some of the firmware is glitchy. I typically upgrade after it's been out for about 1 month and DJI has not immediately released a new firmware because people have bricked their drones with the upgrade.

So, it's like any computer/bios upgrade or software install. Give it a while to shake out obvious issues, then do or don't install based on your desires to install the newer programing. But, I wouldn't live in fear.

Just remember, people post when they have troubles. They rarely post to let everyone know there were no issues.

Reactions: cxwing
It has none of the new DJI limitations.

I'm trying to decide my allegiance, update or not, with a new pro platinum 1.04.0100. I'm wondering if someone would elaborate on the "DJI limitations" with the higher firmware. Just NFZs?

I presume I already have most of those limitations from the Factory with 4.0100, seems like they came in somewhere after 3.0700... so maybe it is a completely moot point for me? Not really interested in lots of effort to roll back.

I don't think I would mind NFZs, but if an update gets me into the cycle where I'm forced to update before flying, that would be a bummer. Again, I'm suspecting I've already got the "DJI limitations" from what I've read"

I began scrolling thru this thread to see which firmware was considered the better performing one but just saw various arguments about updating or not updating.
I'll share my very little experience...
My first DJI product was the Phantom 3 SE, an amazing quad if you ask me, but it was much better some time ago... why?
I don't know exactly, but problems came with the latest firmware I installed (1.5.40) for almost all users.
This amazing quad stopped working as it used to: in CE countries it was totally useless as many people lost signal at less 100 meters (while dji declared a 500m range in CE mode), no RTH engaged in some case, someone lost his AC for these!
Personally I was no longer able to switch from2.4 to 5 Ghz as I used to do and that was a big disappointment as it allowed my P3SE to fly at least 1000m in CE mode!
A solution was found, thanx to the community (especially the Russian one, but a big help came from Phantom Pilots forum) finding a way to switch the AC to FCC mode, but I can't understand why I should look for "tricks" to make work again something that was already working good before firmware update!
So the first upgrade I did was good, the second sure was not!
When I did the first I had some issue with batteries duration that were solved by the update, what came later did not solved what it was declared for but made a big mess!

That's why my "philosophy" is much easier than many things I've read: if it works good don't update!

Lots of good info. in this thread.

After scanning through the posts, I am beginning to think that, just like when the Mavic is in the air, this is a bit "over my head" lol

I haven't stretched out too far yet, but I am tending toward the same outlook as PsychoAndy

Reactions: PsychoAndy
Haven't bothered with the last couple of firmware updates as they dealt with the Mavic Air and on the Tab A(2016) running the DJI GO4 ver. 4.1.18 and Firmware ver. 01.04.0100

hi guys, i discover something strange on firmware 1.04.300 and 1.04.200 i thing is a flight stabillity issue
and this is with downgrade 1.04.200
until now 3 other mavic users with the same firmware confirm me the same problem.. of course and i ve already done all calibrations imu,compass,rc,sensor camera in addition to check.my.previous drone xiaomi 4k

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian