DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.00.0300 totally broke 360 pano [resolved]

Amit Dunsky

Reactions
Site
www.facebook.com
Apparently, since the update of Firmware v01.00.0300 , the 360 pano is totally broken!
Yes, the skies looks better now at the "dome of the pano" (probably due to the increase of the camera tilt angle), but the frames stitching is now totally broken, rendering the panos unusable.

See an example in the link here (taken at a perfectly calm weather, with all other pictures and video taken there are perfectly fine).

Hopefully Dji will come up with a fix sooner than later.

Apparently, since the update of Firmware v01.00.0300 , the 360 pano is totally broken!
Yes, the skies looks better now at the "dome of the pano" (probably due to the increase of the camera tilt angle), but the frames stitching is now totally broken, rendering the panos unusable.

See an example in the link here (taken at a perfectly calm weather, with all other pictures and video taken there are perfectly fine).

Hopefully Dji will come up with a fix sooner than later.
Yikes, not good! Amit, if you stitch the files (either JPEGs or the .dng files) with Photoshop or PTGui or similar, would it be any better?

Yikes, not good! Amit, if you stitch the files (either JPEGs or the .dng files) with Photoshop or PTGui or similar, would it be any better?
I can go ahead and attempt to stitch the files myself, but the point is, that Sphere Panorama shot worked quite well before the firmware update, and as can clearly be seen, it's basically broken now.

So quick update: I was suggested at the DJI Forum, that my gimbal might have been slightly off.
That been said, I remembered that after taking that 360 pano, I did notice that the horizon seems to be unlevel, and corrected that in mid flight.

I have a habit of screen recording all my flights, so I went back and reconfirmed my memory. See the attached screenshot here.

So, a lesson learned: The gimbal should be leveled for a successful 360 pano.

Screenshot 2022-08-21 065021.jpg

Then you mean that after that setting the drone can do The Planet?
Apparently so, but I have yet to confirmed that.
Hopefully I'll be able to fly the drone this evening or tomorrow morning, and put that to the test.

Have you tested if there was any change?
I made plans to go take pictures down at the Dead Sea tomorrow. While I'm there, I'll also try the sphere. Hopefully, there will be cellular reception at location. If not, I'll upload a picture once I'll get back home the day after.

I made plans to go take pictures down at the Dead Sea tomorrow. While I'm there, I'll also try the sphere. Hopefully, there will be cellular reception at location. If not, I'll upload a picture once I'll get back home the day after.
Ok, that´s fine!

So, I just came back from a super hot but fun as always, night and sunrise down at the dead sea.
I took the opportunity to test out the Sphere Pano again. This time, I made sure my gimbal is calibrated. I took two spheres photos, the first one in a fairly strong wind, and the second one, at sunrise, very low speed wind. Both resulted pictures with the same stitching errors.

• First sphere, wind speed of 25.5 km/h, gusting 33.6 km/h coming from the north (to the left of the drone at the starting point): Link here.
  • Second sphere, At sunrise, wind speed of 5.9 km/h, gusting 12.4 km/h coming from south east (to the right and behind of the drone at the starting point): Link here.
I must say I'm quite disappointed with that.

So, I just came back from a super hot but fun as always, night and sunrise down at the dead sea.
I took the opportunity to test out the Sphere Pano again. This time, I made sure my gimbal is calibrated. I took two spheres photos, the first one in a fairly strong wind, and the second one, at sunrise, very low speed wind. Both resulted pictures with the same stitching errors.

• First sphere, wind speed of 25.5 km/h, gusting 33.6 km/h coming from the north (to the left of the drone at the starting point): Link here.
  • Second sphere, At sunrise, wind speed of 5.9 km/h, gusting 12.4 km/h coming from south east (to the right and behind of the drone at the starting point): Link here.
I must say I'm quite disappointed with that.
ok, it really doesn't look good. Then apparently "The Planet" no longer works?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627