DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware : v01.04.0100

I'm new to Drones... only 12 flights, new to DJI, so no way a Fan Boy.

But I have been in IT/SW since 1980...
Given the whole Google/Android eco system I'm surprised there are not more issue...

Google create a generic H/W spec and provide a "vanilla" OS
H/W companies like Samsung Huwaei HTC etc... build H/W
They take the vanilla OS and add there "own" drivers/code to make it work
Then they add a whole load of bloatware and eye candy...

Then if it's a phone they may add "carrier" specific bloatware and eye candy...
Even my own Samsung S7 will occasionally glitch on some HD video, the GPU is under strain.

So by the time these devices get to "us" they are already creaking at the edges...
Given the nature of the GO4 App dealing with "realtime" processing & video it's got a lot to do.

DJI do not have the resources to test every possible variant of device...
So can only test against a sample of "standard" variants...
This accounts for why some devices work, some don't.

Then to add to the complexity... When Google release an Android update, say 6.x to 7.x
The already creaking devices maybe upgraded further based on a "theoretical" it should take the upgrade.

So one day an app that worked fine get's an update that "may" just push it over the edge.

I have seen this all the time with PC's, new OS release PC crashes, H/W limitations.
Updated application, needs more memory, becomes unstable... and so on.

DJI have no control over H/W platform, so they are trying to squeeze their app into "unknown" environment.

I'm not defending DJI, I'm just trying to put some perspective on this.

Also,
Apple/IOS is a whole different eco system that is more clearly controlled/defined and constrained.(Walled Garden)
So developers have a more "known" "target" environment to develop into. So "less" issues crop up.

I hear what you're saying and I've tried to explain something similar but invariably, someone pops up that has the exact same phone, on the exact same network and I can't explain it.

FOR ANDROID USERS - I can confirm that the culprit to the image transmission (lagging/pixel distortion) issue is the app version 4.1.18, and NOT the recent firmware upgrade to version 01.04.0100.

Since last December I have been using my Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet, with never, ever, any transmission issues in over 24 hours of accrued flight time. I also use my phone (LG G3), but very rarely to fly my Mavic. As of this morning they both had the most recent firmware and recent app installed.

This afternoon I simply uninstalled the DJI GO 4 app from my tablet (only) and installed the 4.1.15 app version, that was previously suggested from this site - DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror.

As a result my LG G3 phone still has the lagging/pixel distortion, but my tablet does not.

I'm new to Drones... only 12 flights, new to DJI, so no way a Fan Boy.

But I have been in IT/SW since 1980...
Given the whole Google/Android eco system I'm surprised there are not more issue...

Google create a generic H/W spec and provide a "vanilla" OS
H/W companies like Samsung Huwaei HTC etc... build H/W
They take the vanilla OS and add there "own" drivers/code to make it work
Then they add a whole load of bloatware and eye candy...

Then if it's a phone they may add "carrier" specific bloatware and eye candy...
Even my own Samsung S7 will occasionally glitch on some HD video, the GPU is under strain.

So by the time these devices get to "us" they are already creaking at the edges...
Given the nature of the GO4 App dealing with "realtime" processing & video it's got a lot to do.

DJI do not have the resources to test every possible variant of device...
So can only test against a sample of "standard" variants...
This accounts for why some devices work, some don't.

Then to add to the complexity... When Google release an Android update, say 6.x to 7.x
The already creaking devices maybe upgraded further based on a "theoretical" it should take the upgrade.

So one day an app that worked fine get's an update that "may" just push it over the edge.

I have seen this all the time with PC's, new OS release PC crashes, H/W limitations.
Updated application, needs more memory, becomes unstable... and so on.

DJI have no control over H/W platform, so they are trying to squeeze their app into "unknown" environment.

I'm not defending DJI, I'm just trying to put some perspective on this.

Also,
Apple/IOS is a whole different eco system that is more clearly controlled/defined and constrained.(Walled Garden)
So developers have a more "known" "target" environment to develop into. So "less" issues crop up.

While some of this related to Android may be true, WHY do DJI insist on marketing the drones as suitable for Android when clearly they are not???
If it's such an issue to at least shoot for the current crop of popular phones and tablets, just state right from the outset that they are ios only and avoid the cranky customers.
I've never owned an Apple product, likely never will, I was very upset that my modern up to date Android phone (with few extra add-ons over native 7.0) struggles to run the GO-4 app.

I still have to run in airplane mode, shut down all running apps and turn off the Cache to device function to have 90% stable operation.
I've just upgraded to 4.1.15 and updated the firmware, still lags and carries on without using the above method....

It's just poor form from the company to claim it works on both systems.

Last edited:
While some of this related to Android may be true, WHY do DJI insist on marketing the drones as suitable for Android when clearly they are not???
I've not had a single problem in a year of Android/Mavic ownership.
I also see people with iOS having display issues, recently,
That's life!

Reactions: PT_Mavic and Pedro
I've not had a single problem in a year of Android/Mavic ownership.
I also see people with iOS having display issues, recently,
That's life!
Lucky you.

However, 2.8 stars in the Play Store should alert DJI to the fact that for the vast bulk of users, it is junk.

Where are you guys getting this 4.1.18 version from?
Latest in Play Store as of yesterday was 4.1.15
It appears that Google Play Store considers some devices as incompatible.
No idea if that's a DJI or Play Store mistake.

It appears that Google Play Store considers some devices as incompatible.
No idea if that's a DJI or Play Store mistake.

Heck, according to some they should put more devices on the incompatible list. Again, it all just amazes me. I literally updated, went outside and flew my drone. No fuss, no muss, no problems...

Last edited:
Heck, according to some they should put more devices on the incompatible list. Again, it all just amazes me. I literally updated, went outside and for my drone. No fuss, no muss, no problems...
Ditto ... on Android

1.4.0100 has been downgraded by the developer of DUMLdore but its not a simple fix to make it work for the masses

So its possible if you know what you're doing
Hi HH,

Do you have a link to a guide for downgrading 1.4.0100?
I imagine you need to root, swap out or remove the supported firmware versions file or replace with pre-1.4.0100 version of the check?

Cheers
G

The people with the tools disclose some information but not all, if nld is releasing a fix then its likely that a free version will become available with a how to

Nld is for non technical, what it provides is available for free but may require you to read up on how to do what you want

Run by one of the developers of the tools that a lot here use

Reactions: ozflyer
Super Sport mode is available with this firmware ? ( DJI Assistant 2 developper mode + parameters change )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom