DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware : v01.04.0100

Upgrade was fine using an ipad mini 4. First time with the new propellors which also were fine. Hard to say if the noise was any quieter . Mavic was as controllable as ever. Firmware upgrade resets everything back to factory of course. UK.

Reactions: k3vnnyork
Uninstall then reinstall the app.
Uninstalled DJI Go 4 app, re-installed - no change. Video downlink is still non-functional.

Question for Android users that have had success with latest DJI Go 4 (v 4.1.18) and latest firmware (v 01.04.0100) - if you go to Remote Controller Settings / Button Customization, are you able to set the function for buttons C1 and C2? Since I updated the firmware these buttons show as "undefined" and cannot be changed.

Here is what the video downlink looks like after the firmware update. My Mavic is a paper weight until this is resolved.

Screenshot_2017-11-24-09-05-07[1].png

Reactions: Dragonfly
Question for Android users that have had success with latest DJI Go 4 (v 4.1.18) and latest firmware (v 01.04.0100) - if you go to Remote Controller Settings / Button Customization, are you able to set the function for buttons C1 and C2? Since I updated the firmware these buttons show as "undefined" and cannot be changed.
Yup - both available for setting to any of the options.

Interesting issue. Updated to the new FW last night and was anxious to test out the pano mode. It works ok...hangar 360 looks much better in terms of image quality. When you view panos in the DJI go editor, it says all of the panos were shot with a Spark under equipment! All other still photos and videos say Mavic Pro, but panos all say Spark. Weird bug. Not really going to cause any issues, but they should fix it.
c6043c60b15d5d883c43386fc677ae10.jpg

Yup - both available for setting to any of the options.
Thanks O3Vibe.

Just finished 2 hour chat session with Aron from DJI support. No resolution yet, Aron consulted with their "higher department" and diagnosed the problem as the camera in the Mavic. That doesn't seem likely since video from the Mavic SD card still looks good, it's just live view and cache video on the mobile device that is bad. Aron said it is not possible to revert to the previous version firmware. Aron said he would submit this issue to a "Senior representative" and I should get an e-mail within 48 hours. He indicated it's likely I will have to send the Mavic in "for diagnosis and possible repair."

Not looking good at this point!

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Uninstalled DJI Go 4 app, re-installed - no change. Video downlink is still non-functional.

Here is what the video downlink looks like after the firmware update. My Mavic is a paper weight until this is resolved.

View attachment 25464

Looks just like mine initially. I did try to reinstall the app and after that all I have gotten is no connection to the drone on Android. I've also tried rolling back to Go 4 .15 and still no connection and no video. RC and aircraft talk just fine and fly fine.

Thanks O3Vibe.

Just finished 2 hour chat session with Aron from DJI support. No resolution yet, Aron consulted with their "higher department" and diagnosed the problem as the camera in the Mavic. That doesn't seem likely since video from the Mavic SD card still looks good, it's just live view and cache video on the mobile device that is bad. Aron said it is not possible to revert to the previous version firmware. Aron said he would submit this issue to a "Senior representative" and I should get an e-mail within 48 hours. He indicated it's likely I will have to send the Mavic in "for diagnosis and possible repair."

Not looking good at this point!
Wow! I'm grounded too except for when I borrow iOS devices.

Remember... often the firmware update will also reset some of your settings.

i.e. the RTH height went back to 30 meters for me even though I had it set to 70 meters before the update. Could cause problems for some folks unaware of this.

My Aircraft 01.04.000 Remote Controller 01.04.000 Air Craft Data Base 01.00.01.07 AppData Base 01.00.01,07 Safe fly Data base 01.00.01.05 I just powered up MP to check and see if everything is still good and checking setting and writing down my info . Up pops the test. I take it and ace it. It also says update available. I opt out and hit go fly and bam no pic . all scrambled just like others have posted. WT.heck Grrr What should I do. I guess I need to update or put my finger in my butt till this gets figured out. Not cool . Flew great yesterday , Not nothing. ????

So after dealing with the pixelation issue on Android for 2 days I rolled back to 4.1.15 on DJI Go 4 and at first for hours it wasn't working at all after trying a bunch of things, but a bit ago I started my phone again to try something else and it magically was working. Not sure what changed but it's working on 4.1.15. I did chat with support for about 45 minutes and after chatting with them they suggested trying to roll back the FW using the app (which I had never heard of doing). When going to try to do that it was working. On a side note, his suggestion for rolling back the FW in the Go 4 app didn't work. Was hoping it was a new secret work around.

Anyway, if you have pixelation/video issues on Android my suggestion is to roll back to DJI Go 4 ver 4.1.15 and keep trying it. Didn't work for the first few hours but all of a sudden started working.

The APK I used: DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 (2027412) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

I believe it is indeed the GO app and not the firmware. I updated to 4.1.18 on my Note 4 last nite and went flying today. I'm on 01.04.000 FW. Crazy pixellation; nothing but a mass of garbage through the downlink. Looks just like the pic in post 44. App seemed really slow and unresponsive as well. Only while I was out did I see FW update notification to 01.04.010. Haven't updated yet...

ianc

Reactions: jcp411
I'm on iPhone 7, GO4 4.1.18 and the latest firmware, and all was great. Smooth update, flies as per normal and video seems the same as well. I used up two batteries taking pano spheres of my entire neighbourhood... :)

Attachments

• IMG_3119.png
    IMG_3119.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_3118.png
    IMG_3118.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 203
I'm on iPhone 7, GO4 4.1.18 and the latest firmware, and all was great. Smooth update, flies as per normal and video seems the same as well. I used up two batteries taking pano spheres of my entire neighbourhood... :)
All reports of video pixilation is on Android only. iOS is fine including on my tests.

Add me to the latest Android video fail on Nexus 7 2013. The app and video link are fine on my Huawei Media Pad M3.

Add me to the latest Android video fail on Nexus 7 2013. The app and video link are fine on my Huawei Media Pad M3.
Have you tried rolling back the DJI Go 4 app to 4.1.15? I put the link above on a previous post.

I just completed the updates. I haven’t flown yet (I’ll do this tomorrow). Testing in the living room, video signal is fine. But I have no options for pano’s, not sure what’s up with that.

The most annoying thing is the test. I don’t mind taking it once, but it pops up every time I start up the Mavic. Can you imagine taking a drivers test every time you started up your car?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet