Join Us Now

Firmware version V02.04.2060

Northwood Mediaworks

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Howdy all.

I noticed there is a firmware released on October 14, 2021 listed as

V02.04.2060​

Can anyone here confirm its viability, and also whether the rumor i heard that it cripples third party apps is actually true? I know there is still some issue with telemetry in the Fly app version that accompanies this.... so I am steering well clear for a while.

Thanks a bunch.

R

Reactions: DronePanorama
I installed the latest Mavic Air 2 firmware to my drone and to the three batteries I own. No significant differences in operation. I have not flown out past 1000 feet, so no idea if telemetry is changed. Still seeing a bit of stutter on screen recordings of flights.

Howdy all.

V02.04.2060​

Can anyone here confirm its viability, and also whether the rumor i heard that it cripples third party apps is actually true? I know there is still some issue with telemetry in the Fly app version that accompanies this.... so I am steering well clear for a while.

Thanks a bunch.

R
I can't see that it would cripple 3rd party apps otherwise why would DJI create an API which is there for third party developers to create apps.

Reactions: dawgpilot
It seems that this new firmware only crippled 'hacked' DJI Fly versions ....AND?? Since I've updated the firmware my batteries doesn't auto discharge after +- 5 days no more....

Howdy all.

V02.04.2060​

Thanks a bunch.

R
Loaded it and flying with next to latest FlyApp and had zero issues with about 40 minutes of flight time over water (waterfalls, creeks).

People seem to have more issues with "FlyApp" versus a firmware update.

No idea on 3rd party apps, since I don't fly those - if you mean like Litchi.

Auto discharge should be 9 days now it seems.

I wish they allowed us to customize the auto discharge setting like what was possible with DJI Go 4 and the Mavic / Mavic 2 drones.

Personally I think 9 days is way too long for the battery to sit fully charged, if you care about longevity.

Howdy all.

V02.04.2060​

Thanks a bunch.

R
??? According to the Oct 14, 2021, "Mavic Air 2 Release Notes" pdf on the DJI downloads page for Mavic Air 2 [Mavic Air 2 - Downloads - DJI], the current Remote Controller firmware is v04.11.0016, and the current aircraft firmware is v01.01.0670.

Another thread on this topic asks whether DJI is really telling us to replace the newer RC firmware v04.11.0016 with the older firmware v02.04.2060.

Something is not right here.

Thanks for the responses all.... I flew 7 batteries today on the old 1.4.2 and the older firmware and its just rock solid, cant see what point there is in updating anymore. As DJI seems rather ambiguous about "Safety Improvements" I can see how some are reading all sorts of negatives into it.

They changed the way the download photos operation works. The select and download all buttons are not visible when you view the photos you've taken.

Wait a second, I just checked my firmware and I'm seeing 01.01.0670, which I got a message about and downloaded last week, and checking says I have the latest update.

People are seeing a 02.xx.xxxx firmware for the Air 2?

Attachments

• 6941BF91-7EAC-45F9-A134-D8E52A211766.jpeg
    6941BF91-7EAC-45F9-A134-D8E52A211766.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: Chacho03
So, according to a post from DJI in the DJI forums, I have the latest firmware, 01.01.06.70. Those with Air 2S, which do have an 02.xx.xxxx firmware are hopefully a little more careful when operating their drones than where they post. ;)

Attachments

• 89FAA56C-A578-45BC-A4A2-F73ED170B0F0.jpeg
    89FAA56C-A578-45BC-A4A2-F73ED170B0F0.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
Got curious with this post, decided to check my Air 2 for updates... it wants to apply 01.01.0690, My Air 2 has been acting a bit weird the last week or so, so I'm saying the heck with it and updating. Haven't check the controller yet...

Got curious with this post, decided to check my Air 2 for updates... it wants to apply 01.01.0690, My Air 2 has been acting a bit weird the last week or so, so I'm saying the heck with it and updating. Haven't check the controller yet...
Not sure if anyone cares but this update locks the firmware so none of the hacks can be used on it.
Just saying.
Some might care some not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d