DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini First few flights and complication video

bournemouth76

Reactions
Hi everyone - new(ish) member here, with a complication video of a few short flights with the Mavic Mini. Footage taken in and around where I live, down on the south coast of Dorset. Not had the drone too long and only completed a few short sessions, so plenty more to learn, but any thoughts welcome. Thank you.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sikspy and Drabschy
Looks like a nice area, good editing... nice music, though not sure why I was only able to view it in 720p, a higher resolution I am sure would have improved the viewing.. Good job though overall !

Looks like a nice area, good editing... nice music, though not sure why I was only able to view it in 720p, a higher resolution I am sure would have improved the viewing.. Good job though overall !
Thank you for the feedback... the quality issue was my bad... I uploaded the SD version. Updated now, in HD. Hope that improves the quality a little. :)

Thank you for the feedback... the quality issue was my bad... I uploaded the SD version. Updated now, in HD. Hope that improves the quality a little. :)
no problem, not sure if there is a delay or your new upload HD version was not marked public, as now it says its private..

Hi everyone - new(ish) member here, with a complication video of a few short flights with the Mavic Mini. Footage taken in and around where I live, down on the south coast of Dorset. Not had the drone too long and only completed a few short sessions, so plenty more to learn, but any thoughts welcome. Thank you.

Now yes, it is a perfect video!

2160 resolution is available if you had clicked on the cog wheel and then hit 2160. You Tube always works that way.

I generally liked the film but the rapid panning in the "Bytheway" section was a bit to fast for my eyes. If you slow everything down, it would be better. Also, I think your clips should be longer than 2 seconds...say 3-5 seconds or so. The scenes went by too fast before the fade to black transitions.

Reactions: Thomas B
2160 resolution is available if you had clicked on the cog wheel and then hit 2160. You Tube always works that way.

I generally liked the film but the rapid panning in the "Bytheway" section was a bit to fast for my eyes. If you slow everything down, it would be better. Also, I think your clips should be longer than 2 seconds...say 3-5 seconds or so. The scenes went by too fast before the fade to black transitions.
Dale. when I first looked at it, it was a new posting, and it was posted in SD, he later posted a newer version, and I looked at it again and it was still not in 4K at that point because it probably had not finished all the YT encodes.

Dale. when I first looked at it, it was a new posting, and it was posted in SD, he later posted a newer version, and I looked at it again and it was still not in 4K at that point because it probably had not finished all the YT encodes.
You Tube takes about a day to encode the full resolution. I didn't know that at first and got annoyed with the poor quality of my posts. The little tricks of You Tube are that you must wait for the full encoding before posting it to your friends or this forum. Secondly, for each and every You Tube video I watch, I first go the the COG wheel and set the highest resolution available. By the way, this does not happen with Vimeo! (or if it does, it is sorted out very quickly).

Last edited:
Reactions: bournemouth76
You Tube takes about a day to encode the full resolution. I didn't know that at first and got annoyed with the poor quality of my posts. The little tricks of You Tube are that you must wait for the full encoding before posting it to your friends or this forum. Secondly, for each and every You Tube video I watch, I first go the the COG wheel and sell the highest resolution available. By the way, this does not happen with Vimeo! (or if it does, it is sorted out very quickly).
To be clear, bournemouth76 is the author\owner of the video, I just happened to be one of the first viewers of the video, which at the time was initially uploaded in SD , but bournemouth76 reposted it, or updated it on YT, and then when he did that, it was private for a bit then the next time I viewed it, it was HD, which looked much better..

Now today (and yesterday probably ), it indeed shows up as 4k/2160, now for the few videos i've uploaded that are perhaps a few minutes long like this one, YT near as I can tell, has never taken anywhere near a day to complete all the encoding it does from a 4K source down to the seemingly very silly 144p.. Why ever bother encoding a video of HI-Res origin beyond say 720p or perhaps 480p at the absolute lowest.. But thats what YT appears to do. unless there are settings I have not found that controls how much encoding they might do to one's uploaded video...

To be clear, bournemouth76 is the author\owner of the video, I just happened to be one of the first viewers of the video, which at the time was initially uploaded in SD , but bournemouth76 reposted it, or updated it on YT, and then when he did that, it was private for a bit then the next time I viewed it, it was HD, which looked much better..

Now today (and yesterday probably ), it indeed shows up as 4k/2160, now for the few videos i've uploaded that are perhaps a few minutes long like this one, YT near as I can tell, has never taken anywhere near a day to complete all the encoding it does from a 4K source down to the seemingly very silly 144p.. Why ever bother encoding a video of HI-Res origin beyond say 720p or perhaps 480p at the absolute lowest.. But thats what YT appears to do. unless there are settings I have not found that controls how much encoding they might do to one's uploaded video...
I have actually been avoiding You Tube because I have a Vimeo subscription and with them, there are no hassles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snaeem