DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight in the books!

Rick0504N

Reactions
Purchased my Platinum last Sunday and took it out this afternoon for first flight. Here is what I can say so far:

In a nutshell, awesome. This is my first drone, so first flight ever.

It is quiet -- even more than I was expecting. This was one of the keys for me when deciding what to purchase, so, I am extremely happy.

So steady and so easy to control. Was comfortable very quickly. Had it in Beginner Mode and will keep it there until I get a chance to do more with it. Kept it up for about 10 mins, just to get a feel Next time, I'll try doing a little more with it.

As soon as I got home I checked out the video and could not believe how steady and smooth the gimbal was.

Unfortunately, I had played around with the exposure settings (after watching a video I probably shouldn't have, lol), and had it in Manual mode, and it was totally overexposed for the entire footage. Should have just set to Auto and used right scroll wheel. Will address that next time.

Brought it in via the Return To Home function and it worked perfectly!

And of course, cannot wait to get back out there with it! Absolutely love it.

Reactions: AClineman
That’s awesome !!

Can’t wait until I pull the trigger and pop my cherry too !

There a lot of fun, try to watch many You Tube videos to learn, and take your time. Yesterday, I took my MPP out for my first distance flight 2 miles . I flew from a farm that was 2 miles away from my home, a clear shot . Was really nervous at first but, settled down once I was over my home. went off with out a hitch. Make always sure your home point is recorded and you have your MPP set up right. I only use "RETURN TO HOME" button in emergencies, other wise I just use the sticks.
DISTANCE FLIGHT 2 MILES 01.jpg

Excellent. You're in a great rural area like I am. But it's ok to trust RTH as long as you've noted your home point on the map. It works flawlessly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scaredycat